Man made EMP Missile, Now a reality......

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by BTPost, Oct 23, 2012.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Boeing's new missile zaps electronics
    By AUBREY COHEN, SEATTLEPI.COM STAFF
    Published 10:09 p.m., Monday, October 22, 2012

Boeing has ushered in "a new era in modern-day warfare," testing a non-explosive missile that zaps electronic systems, the company announced Monday.

The company's new CHAMP -- "Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project" -- emits bursts of high-powered energy, knocking out electronics with little or no collateral damage.
    On Monday, Boeing announced a test in which the CHAMP missile navigated a pre-programmed flight plan and disabled data and electronic subsystems of a target in the Utah Test and Training Range on Oct. 16.
    "CHAMP approached its first target and fired a burst of High Power Microwaves at a two story building built on the test range. Inside rows of personal computers and electrical systems were turned on to gauge the effects of the powerful radio waves," Boeing wrote in a feature story. "Seconds later the PC monitors went dark. ... Even the television cameras set up to record the test were knocked off line without collateral damage."
    CHAMP hit seven targets during the one-hour test, Boeing said.
    "This technology marks a new era in modern-day warfare," Keith Coleman, CHAMP program manager for Boeing Phantom Works, said in a news release. "In the near future, this technology may be used to render an enemy's electronic and data systems useless even before the first troops or aircraft arrive."

tulianr and Brokor like this.
  2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Did they come up with the name first or the acronym and would they work on the boom boxes in my neighborhood ?

gunbunny likes this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Why yes it is a slow day at the shop, thanks.

4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Yes, take out the boom boxes first! Psyops special- demoralize

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

hmm, it's in a cruse missile now, wonder when they'll adapt it fit in a drone? have is spend hours flying around zapping targets that hold anti-big guberment people?

Next up they'll fit a small unit into a police cruiser. No need for spike strips, just zap it and the engine will die.

6. BTPost

I suspect that the device, when used, destroys itself.... One use per device.... otherwise the EMP should also destroy the electronics that flies the Cruise Missile Platform, since it is a lot closer to the source, than anything on the ground would be. Remember EMP follows the Inverse Square Law.....

7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

BT, go to the link where it says "boeing wrote". There is a video there where they say they engaged 7 targets in one flight, and defeated all targets. So it will not destroy itself, and is multi use. It's not a true EMP, but more like concentrated microwaves.

From the article:

8. BTPost

Yea, I missed that.... Interesting.... Thanks for the Reminder...

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

So it takes out numerous targets with EMP bursts, but it doesn't fly in perpetual motion. It has to stop somewhere. So, is there are retrieval or does it self destruct? Very interesting technology.

10. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Next time my car stops working or my power goes out, I know what to blame it on.

11. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

On a trip to see the battleship Alabama I was walking the forward weather decks where the many .50 cal mounts are and at each mount stencilled were the words"LEAD DAMN IT,LEAD". Nuff said.

12. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Again, it begs the question. What is the daily bag limit on these things ?

oldawg likes this.
  13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

It doesn't stop guns from working, make water non-potable or ruin our preps.

14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Naw, just a giant spring on the pointy end, to bounce it back into the launcher for round two.:D

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7