Mandatory ABS is one of 10 motorcycle safety recommendations by NTSB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Sep 15, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

They are on the market now.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Didn't newer Gold wings have a reverse? They sure are heavy. A guy at work kept dropping his so we called it a lead wing!

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yes

Yes for at least the last 15 years. Also the big BMWs are on that band wagon. (You haven't lived until you've push a near 800 lb bike backwards.)

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Lead Wing,,,:ROFLMAO:,,,,If he couldn't hold it up , he had no business being on it . I was riding down the road one day , this guy had pulled off the road under a bridge , stopped on a slope with his kickstand on the uphill side of the slope , he was trying to flag people down to help him pick up his bike . Saw another guy 1 time at a stop sign . When he started going , he had to tip toe the bike out into the lane he was turning into till he was pointing straight ahead , then he started riding . Motorcycles help with the natural selection of life .

Gator 45/70, ghrit and Zimmy like this.
  5. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

He was a small Italian guy.We called him Mike the bike.he would come to a stop and dump it on it's side.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I really hated having to lift my 400lb. DS bike when I dropped it. It would truly suck to have to lift a bike twice that weight.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The zero is close to 300 @ 293 lb (133 kg), but with crash bars and being in the dirt it is pretty easy to pick up. Only dropped it once and just used the back lift method. Paint on the crash bars wasn't even scratched And nobody else was around so it never happened. After all the cows know who feeds them!
    But that was before I lowered it and had to stop when both feet landed in holes, at that point you just have to land carefully.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Goodness, ghrit...you forgot to mention the third learned behaviour....copulation....else where would later generations of sheep would come?......of course, for conservative sheep there is a fourth factor.....getting old and cranky. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. ghrit

Not learned, that. Instinctive, just the same way butterflies continue. If riding and driving were instinctive, crashes probably would not happen. Just like there are no midair collisions in a bat cave.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Urals at play. Three wheels and reverse.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've never had any close calls at all with the card caring AARP riders...
    Now the young asshats who think 10,000 rpm is the only way to ride...I've almost taken out a couple in the past.

SB21 likes this.
  12. ghrit

Select-able two wheel drive, as well.

13. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I had a friend make a right right turn and get hit on the rear of his truck by a guy going over a hundred MPH. He watched the guy fly over his truck and die in the road in front of him. A new rider for less than a week. I had a lady pull in front of me, after bouncing off her car I went for a lot of stitches. Of course, she said she didn't see me. Red bike and me wearing an orange helmet. Personal survival has led me to stop riding bikes on the street.
    Those Urals are kinda cool,1945 technology courtesy of a BMW plant being raided by the Russians.they do have one or two upgrades.

Zimmy likes this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Illini Warrior
  3. Prepper12
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Grandpa Patch
  6. Ganado
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. oil pan 4
  9. arleigh
  10. Meat
  11. Thunder5Ranch