Manual Grain Mills....any ideas?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by natshare, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Actually, yes....way back, when I first saw the reply, from DKR, above. But honestly have not had the funding to purchase one, in a while now, as other things (aka "LIFE") have sprung up, in the meantime. :rolleyes:

2. I know where-of you speak. Life got in the way most of the years I worked out of state. Hang in there.

natshare likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

When the stores have no bread - mill your own wheat.

Found a couple of vids today that might be of interest and more than than a stupid football game...

GrainMaker 99 Grain Mill

made in Montana by Americans from US Steel....

Wonder Mill Jr (Made in India) (the presenter is a bit offbubble, but does present solid data)

A vendor reviews several hand-crank mills, noteworthy to show effort and time required for manual grinding

Peanut butter using hand mill and steel burrs

Since Lehmans was mentioned, this shows a farm level grinder/mill. -
    Diamant Grain Mill

made in Poland, cost is $1K, weight 56 lbs.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Retsel mill - been around since 1962...in Idaho

5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

We have a Country Living mill and it's stout and of excellent quality.

6. Maypop52

Maypop52 Monkey

We purchased a Country Living mill about 8 years ago. After we got it, it was to set aside in case of need. We added the motor unit and the spare parts kit with the corn auger bits. We got it out this week and made some flower from a bag of wheat berries and now for the bread. It worked like it should have in every way. I highly recommend the brand. Time to start using some of this stuff.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We have a Stone Grinder Attachment to AlaskaChick’s KichenMaid Deluxe Mixer, that works just fine for our needs...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7