Marines Disarmed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hogleg, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hogleg

Hogleg Monkey+

I read this news story, and if accurate (that’s a big if), it rubbed me the wrong way. We can’t trust United States Marines? Because one guy may, or may not have went off of the reservation we are going to disarm troops in a combat zone?

Marines disarmed for Leon Panetta speech - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

<font size=" border=" alt="" 0?="">Now if a government doesn’t trust its own soldiers, how big of a step is it to extend that distrust to “its own citizens?” <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]
    Anyway, this has stuck in my crawl all day. Just doesn’tseem right…

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well the unreliable abc news I saw indicated that All troops, ours, theirs, and anybody elses, right there in the vacinity of where he was giving his pep talk were unarmed. They showed several stacks of long arms. just saying

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Do ya Think, Old Leon was worried, about getting his A** Shot off.... Just Wondering...

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Y'all do know do you not there was an attempt to ram his landing plane with a stolen truck. Some Afghani in a half uniform or whatever stole a pickup from a British soldier, ran over him, crushing his pelvis, and then made a run down the flight line/taxi way or whatever and ended up wrecking the truck. It wasn't clear whether they shot him or what .....

6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

It appears the marines were disarmed so as not to rile up the afgan troops.Bet pinata who has stated along with others that our troops answer to the NATO and UN before our own congress welcomed that order. Personally I think those marines should have been body searched by the TSA. I'd spend a months pay for a ticket to watch that show. Two problems solved I think. Wonder if the dude in the truck would have even made it to the flight line had the troops been armed and on watch instead of ordered to attend a dog&pony show for a worthless secdef like pinata.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7