Mark Kelley (aka Mr. Gabby Giffords) buys AR-15 & 1911

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

As a former 'Bird Col" with aTop Secret background I would think that he would pass with out issues How does that prove that it's easy to buy a gun? ... unless Feinswine gets her" all military Vets have PTSD" wish :(

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What is he going to do with the 45?

Do you suppose he'll have a photo op when he gives the AR to the PD?

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yes he is a hypocrite. The very definition of hypocrite. He is doing exactly what he has been saying should be denied to others, now he caught in the act and going to hand it over to the police...LOL

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I think he was busted by the gun shop making a personal purchase and had to scramble to cover his tracks with this story of showing how easy and fast it is to pass a background check. With the clearances he has of course it would be easy. He would pop in a second on a background as clean- he is known in the system. Captain Kelly is a hypocrit and was caught- good job on the person that reported him to the press!!

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Of course, he passed a background check, it is designed to check if he is legal to own, not what his politics are, and with his background, it was a slam dunk. he is upset it took so little time, well...I guess that is what you get for being squeaky-clean.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I think he is "An angry Man" due to his wife's situation, and is suffering from PTSD, therefore he should be BARRED from any new weapons purchase. Because there is a QUESTION in my mind, as to his mental Stability, he should be BARRED, such a purchase. "for the sake of the Children."..... My Opinion ..... Same Logic the Grabbers Use.... Right?

grunt351, HK_User and Mountainman like this.
  8. kellory

NO. If we use that logic, we sanction that logic, and give it validity to be used against us. It is wrong for us, and it is wrong for him. period. No sliding scale can ever be allowed.
    In fact, this whole line of reasoning is flawed. background checks are designed only to determine the legality of the sale to that person. Not to judge the person. for it to go any deeper than that is dangerous, because it opens up the door to a variety of reasons why someone "should not" have a gun, not weither or not it is legal for him/her to own that gun. Do not allow that foothold to occur, not even in a jest. or we may ALL be judge unfit for our Rights.:(

9. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

This whole debacle is covering up the fact that the judge was the real target that day.
    He helped Sheriff Mack over turn the Brady Bill bill as UN-constitutional. Deversions.

10. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

down here in Az it a funny punch line used in some of the local gunships and talk radio about him and is so called gun buying programs

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

He is a POS! That ****** had the nerve to fly to CO and support universal background checks. So he goes & buys a gun to give it away???? What? I am very curious what box he checked on line 11a. What do you expect from some guy that drags his mentally handicap wife all over the country so he can make a few bucks. What a nasty piece of work.
    11.a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form?
    Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm (
    s) to you. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.)

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I think that was a tongue in cheek post from BTPost, as was my LIKE for the same reason.

BTPost likes this.
  13. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Wasn't his wife shot with a semi auto pistol?

I would say he was doing the proverbial "in before the lock" move, and got caught with his pants down.

I bet he tries to run for office in a couple of years, and not as Republican.

14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Of course he will run for office- he needs to keep her on the government medical plan and stay away from what the rest of us are being stuck with. [nutkick]

15. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Good point :)

16. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

she already has a free health plan... well free to her we pay for it....

17. kellory

Yes, I understood that, hence the "even in jest", but remember that every word posted here in open forum, can be googled. (that is how I found this place) in fact shows up prominently in google hits. (doubt it? quote any non-common sentence, and google it.)
    Someone doing a google search, sees that comment (out of context) and believes it is acceptable it truth, more so, because it fits what they are looking for, conformation of a flawed concept. These kinds of people are OK with the idea of voting on laws you haven't read, balancing budgets, by spending more money, and weapons attack people for no reason. However, they can and do seem to make it to the polls at the worst possible times (when they are open).
    If we accept, even in jest, the idea that is is ok to restrict anyone's Rights for our personal reasons, then we set precedent, that it is ok for them to restrict OUR RIGHTS for their personal reasons. This concept is to stomped into the dust, not given life. We can not allow the second Amendment to be considered arbitrary, or it will be taken from us, a piece at a time.
    You play not just to our cast of thousands, but to the audience, and most of them are either sheep, or wolves.:(

18. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

You can play all the devil's advocate you want. I'll not hide behind the maybe's and managment head games. Anything can be maniuplated.

Fear is Fear and if I start to fear everything I type then they have won, not my style "Thank you very much"

YMMV Live and Enjoy Life.

19. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Remember the Camp 9 rifle?

20. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

This is a bit off topic but I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. My wife watches all these home decorating shows and the other day she had on one that showed celebrities homes. This episode was with Steven Sagal which caught my interest. He was being interviewed by some brain dead blond bimbo reporter. After touring the house they were sitting on a patio and she was asking him about his being a sworn deputy and his reality show. She started to ask him about carrying a gun. He said he carried on duty and off. She asked if he was armed now and he patted his side and said "always". She asked if she could see his gun, in a wide eyed, excited manner. He was reluctant at first but finally drew it out of the holster, (a 1911). She was wide eyed and obviously uncomfortable, even though she asked to see it. The clip is edited and the next frame the weapon is unloaded with the clip and the round from the chamber setting on the table. The bimbo is going on about how anyone would be afraid to break into his house because of that gun. He says "No they should be afraid to break in here because of this gun" and his wife off camera hands him an AR, he is starting to explain that this is his duty weapon but he doesn't even get finished when this hoplophobe reporter recoils with a look of terror and actually climbs over the arm of the chair she is sitting in to get away. She could not have had a more terrified reaction if he was holding a live rattlesnake.
    What got me was how successful the anti gunners have been in indoctrinating the sheep to fear these "evil guns". When just the site, and the close proximity of one can elicit such a strong, Pavlovian, physical reaction like that. What chance do we have to ever turn the tide against this kind of brainwashing?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7