mark you calendar; WWIII starts 9/25/2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well, it is all "My fault".... as I type, a bit dyslexic.... and sometimes the Spellchecker just doesn't pick up on it..... Just another possible issue for an "Old Fart" with a computer.....

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

BT, you should have just said you were having a hard time getting use to this darn qwerty keyboard since you can hardly find a replacement Dvorak keyboard anymore (at least for a reasonable price)

3. BTPost

Mostly, I just tell it like it is.... and if "The Good Dr" has issues, "with angles" that is his problem.... Math wise.....

and to, Brokor, I enjoy giving you, a bit of levity in your life, My Friend....

4. BT,
    There's no issue at all. You made a human error that provided us with a chance to have some fun and laugh. I think most pilots have to be able to calculate ascent and descent angles for commercial jets. Flaps at certain degrees, etcetera.

I didn't mean to offend you. I'm working on a site for my personal skills. Truss elements are nothing compared to the gravitational deflection light goes through on its way to us from the sun. The math on my "geek" board dealing with that blows most people's minds right out the door. That latter stuff will be the key element of my own bio site.

As for the angels of heaven not knowing, they aren't the heavenly math wizards. It's that blasted St. Peter guy that will greet us all at the pearly gates with an advanced algebra test. :D

ditch witch likes this.
  5. BTPost

My lack of Calculus Skills was my downfall in the Scientific World. In High School I wanted to be a Physicist, but when it came to Calculus, my Brain just isn't wired that way, so I transferred to the Chemistry Dept. in College, and did very well, in NitroOrganic Chemistry, where all I needed was Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide. (I got a D- in College Calculus, finally, so the Math Dept. could get rid of me, on the condition I never graced the halls of an Institution of Higher Learning in Math, for the rest of my Born Days) Had a good career, in that field for a short lifetime. ......

6. toydoc

toydoc Monkey+++

NOT an algebra test but a "heart" test.

7. Believe what you want, but I think space in heaven is at a premium for reasons of philosophical logic that, like the existence of a deity, can't be proven. I don't even believe anyone can prove there is a pearly gate (Actually the book says there are twelve and each is one mile in diameter, but that was a vision... a dream... a trip to the weird zone...) If your heart is good, it will be diligent. If you have a diligent heart you will have good math skills. Sort of like 4H.

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A comforting thought but a failure in logic.

BTPost and Guit_fishN like this.
  9. Such are opinions. I say it is the epitomy of philosophical logic. Once the philosophy behind the logic is established, the logic can be numerated. Once that is accomplished it can adapted to a probability study.

Probability derived from the philosophical logic of vacuum verses matter, denotes matter is finite where an external vacuum would never be. Infinity will always win out over finity where energy is concerned. Heaven must be finite, thus no promise is made to blind faith, only for adherence. Adherence does not compliment lack of diligence. Mathematical capability is simply aa measure of who was diligent in doing their homework, regardless of how many additional hours need be spent to achieve an above the average honor.

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[stoner]

BTPost and Guit_fishN like this.
  11. Sometimes that's a real tempting solution, but I, for one, refuse to break the law unless it breaks the consitution.

I might cater to the audience with some Cheech & Chong (they don't really do that stuff either) humor though... :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7