Martin Luther King - dead at 93. End of an era.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, you might just have it right. As clones, they aren't too close to be other than clowns -- :D

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

The real problem with all the new "Days" that the government seems to wish to create to honor someone is that they create the holiday and don't send a check to the companies to pay the wages of those workers who get the day off. My boss got all kinds of flack for not "honoring Martin Luther King" by observing the holiday, but no one offered to pay for the cost of honoring him. Hiring selected people, training them, making the required changes for certain groups, etc, are all "unfunded mandates" and a simple change in the requirements for gas station fuel tanks, to prevent spills you know, closed most of the small gas stations in New Hampshire. Well they were told years in advance that after x date they would have to meet the new standards, but no money was supplied to meet those requirements and the up front cost was more than they could afford. Good intentions, honoring a man, etc,even if deserved, have many consequences. Have personally thought it was a politically correct thing and just ignored it.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

All I will say is that folks that hail "Rev" MLK should do some digging and reading up on what the man was like off camera.

oldawg and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Is he still dead?

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No one has seen the RESURRECTED MLK walking around, so I suspect he is still DEAD....

6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Lots of people didn't recognize Jesus after he rose from the dead either. In fact, don't most zombies tend to look a bit...errr...different...than before they were zombies?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7