Massive Chicken Recall: 1.7 Million Pounds of Barber Products

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Yeah that's him. I went out to his place about ... 6 years ago I guess? I wanted blue Ameraucanas and everyone said he was the best. When I found out he was just up the road aways from my folks I took a little road trip. Real nice guy.

Ganado likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Thanks kingfish pretty birds! I haven done anything with chickens since childhood. My grandmother swore by nanny hens for mothers so all the eggs and chick's went to ban ty hens. They even raised the guineas. .. funniest thing to watch those half grown guineas follow that tiny Banta hen around =)

ditch witch likes this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

@Cruisin Sloth , Cool birds. Those brown hens look a lot like our straight Wheatens.

5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

That's about the only way guineas survive childhood. I had two guinea hens try to raise keets... by accident because if I'd found the nests I'da put them under a game hen. One hatched out 12, the other 8 or 9. The day after they left the nest, both hatches were down to half. The next day, halved again. By the end of the first week one hen had one chick left, the other had none. I have no idea how they survive in the wild.

Ganado likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@sloth. Lovely thanks for the link

7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

We are using the frizzles for broody hens if we cant count on power. W e have two now and are hatching 6 fertile eggs from them. Should have several nice hens for hatching. They say that frizzles go broody as soon as they see a pile of eggs. W e will see.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7