Maxon SM-5102 programming!

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by cdandeville, Jun 12, 2013.

1. cdandeville

cdandeville Monkey

Has anyone had any success programing the Maxon SM-5102 vhf mobile into the 2 meter ham band?
    Thanks
    cdandeville

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Depends on which version of the radio you have... The ACC-541 programming Software only allows 148-174 Mhz..for the older series of those Radios... They have a newer version of that radio, the SM-5102E which will do it... using the ACC-225 Programming Software, and the same ACC-2025 programming Cable. ...... YMMV...

3. gusgomez1958

gusgomez1958 Monkey

Hello, would the ACC-225 program the SM-5102 in the 2 mts band? If so, where can I purchase it?
    Thanks
    Gus

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As I stated above:
    It depends on which version of the Radio you have.... It has NOTHING to do with the software, and everything to do with the Radio hardware.....
    Older Version. (SM-5102) No the Hardware will NOT go that low....
    Newer Version (SM-5102E) Yes, Hardware will allow programming in the 137-174 Mhz range.
    I am a Maxon/TecNet Dealer and can get you what you need, IF you have the newer Version Radio....
    PM me, if you have interest.

5. webster79

webster79 Neophyte Monkey

I tried to look for the ACC-225 software you mentioned but I cannot find it. I have a maxon SM-5102 older type and I want to program it out of band, I think the VCO will allow to lock in at around 147 mhz HAM band which I only need. I also need to find a schematic of the programming cable that uses a DB15 vga connector.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7