Media: FBI/DHS Raid Michigan Militia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brokor, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep. When one hand gets the concentrated effort and attention, the magician will switch something to the other hand. Dunno which pocket the other surprise is hiding in, but for sure it's there.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The wordS of the Hutatree militia are posted earlier. Make of it what you will, but these are not my words.

1. You are taking this personally in a futile attempt to justify your religious beliefs. I don't care what an individual's beliefs are, the fact I am debating is that the militias are under attack here -and the religious extremists who also belong to their own private militias provided the catalyst to arm the government with the assault.

2. The average religious person is not to be lumped into the same category as these extremists, and I cited Robertson and the Neo-Cons in relation to the right wing religious movement because they play a critical role in this "game", like it or not. People who "go to church" and "write their Congressman" are not part of my assessment unless they are also members of extremist militias like Hutatree.

3. Another possibility you fail to recognize is that we still have no idea how many of these Hutatree militants actually watch the 700 Club or who may be avid Neo-Cons. Since we do not know for certain, this is a non-issue (for now), but the comparison is still on the table and shouldn't be as easily discounted as you proclaim.

4. I do not understand how you can be so obtuse when it is evident that this maneuver has been orchestrated to send a message to ANY person who allies themselves against the "unrighteous" government and/or assumes the role of religious superiority.

3. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Out of order here...

1. Not taking it personally. Never even stated my beliefs. Likewise I was very protective over my Muslim friends when they were persecuted because their faith shared the same name (and name only) of the terrorists.
    This is a principle thing.

3. That's getting a bit technical. We can make Venn diagrams, but that would be pointless and would only serve to show guilt by association.

4. Sure. I've been known to be obtuse. Call me whatever you want. This isn't about me. I agree with you. This will work against both the peaceful religious activists AND peaceful survivalist IF (and only if) people accept the labeling and "guilt by association".

2. I'm glad you said that. That is all I was looking for. [applaud]

Happy to drop it.

4. Brokor

Just in from my source:

I don't know any details yet. Hoping it's just a rumor. We will see soon.

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

These guys have a combined IQ. of 3. Slightly less than the media reporting on them. I really wish they would stop classifying them as "Militia". Anarchists are not Right Wing Militias or Militia's in any sense of the word. Since anarchy defines the absence of government and hence A-political; Anarchists are neither Left nor Right. And without a true society, I liken them to contemporary barbarians. But just which one should be Thundarr.. decisions, decisions..

6. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

7. Brokor

8. fortunateson

Very similar to what happened to Randy Weaver.
    Weaver made friends with an informant who then "got the goods" on him by having him saw down a shotgun below 18".
    Then he offered Weaver payment to act as a snitch. Weaver declined. The informant then showed his cards and gave him the ultimatum: You play or go to jail on a weapons charge.
    To this Weaver said "hell no". They charged him. Weaver declined to fight and instead just holed up on his mountain with his family.
    I think we all know how the "arrest" went...

9. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I always thought DHS would be outted as the gestapo first.. guess I was very wrong.

10. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

SOP for alphabets. They get an agent inside a group and then start trying to coerce them into doing something illegal, ie: build bombs, convert weapons to full auto, plan or discuss insurection or murder. "Bomb throwers" we used to call them. But, if these morons were stupid enough to actually build pipe bombs or discuss killing someone then they deserve to be arrested, for stupidity is nothing else.

We had a guy in a group in Texas that was so blatant that it was pathetic. They got the guy on video encouraging them to convert some weapons to full auto and showing them how to do it. They performed a citizens arrest and took him and the evidence to the FBI office in Dallas. He was an undercover Ftrooper and he wasn't seen again. Probably transfered to Alaska!!

Just a clarification. Randy didn't saw off the barrell under 18". He knew that was illegal. He sawed off the barrell but the stock had been cut off before (probably for a youth) and that made the entire weapon less than the allowed (IIRC) 26". How many know that the entire length is also regulated?

11. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

It seems that just from looking at their mugshots that they were in a different line when cognitive thought processes were handed out!!!
    michigan-militia-mugshots.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Not exactly; the Weaver shotgun had a barrel that was legal length but the stock was sawn until the overall length of the weapon was fractions shorter that the required 28" and that was the charge; a quarter inch of missing wood.

13. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

This will increase as they program/condition the sheep to be very wary of the gunowner next door. Ultimate demonization of gun 'nuts' is the aim.

14. fortunateson

Yup.
    I already heard one news reports with accounts of, you guessed it...
    "Thousands of rounds of ammunition"

I gotta ask - Did they find 4 22lr bulk packs from Walmart?

15. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

FYI, it is barrel less than 18 inches and/or overall length less than 26 inches.

16. Brokor

17. G4mbl3

G4mbl3 Monkey+

More and more militias are singled out and taken down. It should be shown that they are not a good idea. It is good to be prepared for SHTF circumstances, but as far as militias go, in the time of need, they will form on their own. Just my .02¢ =]

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Often thought that, too. Tribal groups are good, but takes lots of time to organize and (especially) keep under the radar. Conflict will make for strange allies, and it often takes conflict to expose how close interests really are between people that don't otherwise speak up. In the meantime, leaderless protests will be the mainstay. (Think Tea Party for starters.)

19. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I came to that conclusion a number of years ago after some casual involvement with a few groups. There are too many opportunities to cross the line from simple discussion to seditious statements. Toss in some fringe folks or a few provocateurs’ and you have a controlled burn just waiting for an unexpected windstorm.

A community network is good and vital.

20. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I think Melbo and Ghrit are spot on. I had a split with a really good buddy because our notion of preparing differed. I am looking more into overall preparedness/ off grid living and we was moving more towards a militia type group with no real preparedness (other than arms/ ammo). I don't know if he will ever swing back... I hope he will.[dunno]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7