Alternative Medicine Medicinal Marijuana (Only where legal)

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Pax Mentis, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Having spent a life time observing pain in intensities you wouldn't imagine, I can fully endorse mj for pain mitigation and even complete relief. Big pharma doesn't want us to have access to this because they loose the strangle hold on "medicine" they have, and they and gov. Loose any money they could dry rape out of us!!! I know a guy got both legs and half his arm blown off, not gently removed in a nice surgical procedure, blown the F off!!! You wouldn't believe the pain he has had to endure all the wile taking prescription pain meds. My wife, bless her, found some super duper powerful mj and she and I begin dosing in a controlled manor, remarkable results were seen the very first dose, and he with new techniques in physical therapy is virtually pain free. Fk big pharma, and Fk the medical community who push pills and other chemical shit off on us as established and sound medical treatment!!!

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

When you hurt, you do what you must to get relief! I'm glad that I live in a state where it's available if needed!
    Other side of that though, is people driving under the influence, you folks in "dry" states simply wouldn't believe how many Shunks we smell from other cars! You hear people interviewed on the news saying, "But it's just a little weed, I can handle it!"
    Well, today's weed can curl your toenails and make you ever so stupid! We truly fear mush brained drivers the LEO's need to crack down, and keep use to the home! It's not like it's difficult to detect!:D

3. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

For educational purposes....I will start a tincture today with 151 Rum.

Recipe calls to decarboxylate (200f heat extraction) 1oz of greens with a pint of high test alcohol for an hour, transfer to a mason jar and stick it in the freezer for a week with daily shakes. I will not be using commercial grade greens for this but it will be fairly high potency (but terrible tasting) clippings/scraps that are usually used to make butter/coconut oil or tar.

Will let ya'll know how it pans out.

*note*
    I misread your previous post thinking you were talking aboot boiling it down to oil (tar as you call it) in the vodka, whereas you're actually not reducing it at all to make a tincture.

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I don't do dope , OLD fvck & like beer .
    time is 12Hrs for car , 24Hrs for air car
    My time is when the tools go down , it's a miller time & lets look to see if getting (cuddles) is in the work !
    Metric time In Canada

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

0' Beer Thirty.....

6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  7. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

The Navy 151 Rum tincture isn't pleasant...it tastes almost as awful as awful can get and rather than make me hungry or tired enough for a 4+hr sleep...it revs me up and makes me a bit miserable with a "strange" body buzz.
    *sigh*
    Might be fun for camping/fishing but not the "medicine" I had hoped it would be.
    I'd call the experiment a fail....
    Perhaps a different strain and alcohol would have the desired effect but I wont be putting it to the test any time soon.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. enloopious

Absinthe also has a rep for being undrinkable. To make it more palatable they add burnt sugar, you probably already know the recipe. You may want to try that out @Mindgrinder

Gator 45/70 and Mindgrinder like this.
  9. Absinthe is no more or less dangerous than any other alcohol. The myth and lure that surrounds it is all crap, and its root cause was from completely adulterated liquor in the 1800s from profiteers who were adding chemicals to stretch their profit.

Absinthe starts with a neutral spirit, which then has various herbs (including wormwood) steep in it for a set amount of time. All the herb solids are separated out, and its bottled.

Vintage bottles (which you can still buy, believe it or not... huge money though) have been tested for their supposed hallucinogenic contents. Almost nothing... same with the modern product. Absinthe is good, but don't believe what you have heard about its supposed effects.

Oh, and the burnt sugar thing also needs to go away. It just adds a burnt caramel taste to it. Quite disgusting. Quality absinthe needs nothing more than chilled ice water to allow the oils to come out of suspension, and add to the louche (the cloudiness of prepared absinthe).

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A number of new South Wales hospitals are conducting medical cannabis trials in Australia.

The trials are to undertake evidence based scientific research to evaluate the medical use of cannabis with regard to treating:

Paediatric epilepsy,

Palliative care,

Chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting.

Further information can be found at: CMCRI | Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research and Innovation

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That article is bunk. Rents in Colorado are outrageous. A studio goes for $1200 a month, many cannot afford to live in a structure anymore. They blame everything on the dope industry.

LOL! So people are shooting up dope in Durango. Never heard that one. FYI- Denver has been chasing out the homeless so have the surrounding towns. These people need to go somewhere. The Colorado machine can keep blaming everything on the pot business but eventually the bottom will fall out. Do not believe Faux News

13. ghrit

Well, now you have. I'll take your word that it's bunk since I did not go out to check the reporter's reporting. Not going to either. If you or any other CO residents take a ride to Durango, do please follow up.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Motomom34, Ganado and Pax Mentis like this.
  15. ghrit

Ya gotta luv Fox, the National Enquirer of the internet.

Funny, isn't it how these things get spread around? Why do you suppose that other than statements from private citizens about how it's all untrue there's only crickets? I postulate that no one has the ability or interest to take the rumor originator to task because they fear that the rumor just might be accurate and fear a big time egg facial. Here's your Ed Geinish question of the day :lol:: Who in those states where mj is legal will stand up and send a letter to the editor accusing said editor of publishing out and out fiction under the heading of real news? (Or at the very best, failing to vet his sources.)

Sheep love to hear that the grass is greener on the other side of the brook, but not a dern one of them will wet their toes and go look.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  16. enloopious

I did drive through Durango a few months back and it looked like any other normal town. I did see a hippie on the street but the fact is the hippies started moving to CO in the late 60s and most of them are there now. Pot had nothing to do with this. They brought all kinds of other drugs to the state, not just pot. Hunter S Thompson started a revolution there when he ran for sheriff and the hippies have been there ever since.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. Dunerunner
  15. jefferson
  16. fl4848
  17. HK_User
  18. Ganado
  19. Ganado
  20. hot diggity