Meet "Nigel" a bit o' a' poser born in the states

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Look at what the fat bastid in the red suit left for me!
    (Ok so it's not quite xmas yet...)[​IMG]

Meet "Nigel" a 1944 (best I can tell with serial numbers, no dates on it). No4mk1 enfield, birthed at the savage stevens plant in chicopee Mass under the lend -lease program for ww2,.Nice bright 2 groove bore,bolt/receiver numbers match,#0 boltface, wood is barely marked, I don't think it ever left the armory theres some pitting on the mag, but it is not serial numbered so it may not be the original mag. Dissassembled/cleaned him up last night just a few spots of funk under the furniture.eagerly awaiting killing some paper under Rule .3-0-3,Sah!. $225from century arms through the local dunhams sports.

When all you semi-auto pistol- grip assault rifle guys are rounded up as troulblemakers ,it'll be us bolt folks come bust you out.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't doubt this at all.

Nice rifle. Nothing like good presents on Christmas, or even a little before. [touchdown]

You will have to post a range report first time you take Nigel out. I love the military rifles!

[applaud]

3. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I love the Lee Enfield! Good xmas present! Lotta history behind them.

A while back I got to shoot one side by side w/ several of it's contemoraries. A Mosin Nagant, Mauser K98, and 03 Springfield. Although I have a special attachment to the Mauser, I do believe the Enfield was the sweetest handling/shooting one of the bunch.

4. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Well Merry Christmas BlackJack.!!
    It would seem that the red suit thought you were especially deserving this year. It looks very nice and I'm sure it will handle like a dream. If on the off chance you want some "roll your own loads" drop on by the HB. We've got one or two people who load for the 303.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Not me..... Tango got the gun.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

7. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Welcome to the site, Nigel, Sah. Hope you can keep that rapscallion Tango in line. He's a bit of a crazy blighter though good intentioned and willing to give the thugs a thorough thrashing following rule .303 of course. [LMAO]

Looks good Tango. Nothing like using the past to keep the present exciting.

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Proven technology..Simple enough for a "nutter" like me to 'andle. I like simple.remove the bolt,drop a pull through down the bore a fw times, oil him upand "bob's your uncle"...

Bet you liked "worlds fastest indian"(also)...the burt munro story, he bought a 1928 indian scoutbrand new in new zealand worked on it his whole life cast his own pistons, made cylinders out of discarded gas pipe, set a bonneville speed record in '67 that stands to this day. He was a real character. Didn't have any use for modern technology.

Smartest thing is it doesn't have the aura of an m1a so I won't be contemplating fearlessly mixing it up with one of chavez's curfew patrols coming down the street thinking" i'm invincible"And bulletproof..wreckless overconfidence is not a good thing.

9. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Roight ya are. Simply put, it will still punch a hole through a melon. I can field strip, clean and reassemble rather quickly, though simple is good. There are many ways to take out aggressors and one is simply to kill the snakes head before it strikes. Usually this will lead to the downfall of the body if only for the short time and in the commotion, you can take down the one who seems to be wanting to become the head.

Some prefer flash with a lot of bang, others prefer a swift single strike. Either way it can get the same job done. Just think in my head that there will be a lot more times when a single shot will help as opposed to the times when multiples are needed. Have a backup that throws a lot of lead, though a nice 'patience' weapon is great to have.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7