Melbo-AK

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Aug 6, 2005.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Melbo,

Have you picked up your AK's yet? Mine is awesome. Lots of fun!
    ak47_avtomat_rust_145.

2. E.L.

I have run about two hundred rounds through mine. At $94 per K it is really cheap to shoot. [gun] It is running really smooth. It seems to be as accurate as I can be (I haven't done any bench work with it yet though) and it seems as though it is really easy for me shoot. It comes to the shoulder real naturally, and the sights are dead on. [woot] I will probably do a little shooting this weekend. I bought a new barrel feeder so we are going to put it up either Sat. or Sun. afternoon, not far where I showed you the hog sign in the bottoms.

3. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hey Fellas:) Hey EL, Melbo said his smith worked out that bug really quick, by taking a little meat off one of the rails! LOL Glad you are happy with yours, I have barely got to shoot mine, but she does look good. I went ahead and did the high heat duplicolor and put some SAR wood on it...and man she is a looker!!! Post pics when you gett'em Melbo!

4. E.L.

REALLY! Like we didn't spend all night doing that. Ha ha ha. That 1.6 rec. was a booger. Glad it works good though. Melbo needs a good rifle so he won't be defenseless (note the sarcasm).

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

so.......... build party online?

6. magnus392

Just about. EL and I are working up a tutorial, which is stalled because I haven't been able to get down to his place. But she is coming!

7. Quigley_Sharps

Cool! this should be fun.

8. magnus392

Should be interesting to say the least:D

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

That would be awesome [woot]

I still remember all the steps. If you need some pics of some of them, I have them

We should do this C

10. magnus392

We will holler when we need pics, I think I still have the link in my favs:) Then you will have a walk through for your board, and it will be a SM exclusive if that is cool with EL:)

11. Quigley_Sharps

Man that Rocks! cant wait! b::

12. E.L.

Rock on "Big Time." I have lots of pics as you know. I just need to find a friggin' USB cord with the end that will fit in my camera!

13. magnus392

Slacker:D Dat is cool, Any idea if you are gonna be free on Sunday>?

14. E.L.

No plans as of yet. You planning on driving down? C'mon.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I NEED this tutorial. Obvously wasn't at the NETX build party, and am a bit short on time these days, but I have started, rather feebly, to tearing the rivits out of my Romy kit. Next step is to figure out a way to drive out the barrel retaining pin, then haul the barrel out of the front trunnion with minimal tools and without boogering something not wanting boogered.

I've downloaded all the pix from the other forum, but ;) didn't get to much from them but faces for overlaying on targets --

16. E.L.

Magnus is better at this than I, but I will tell you what we did. The barrel retaining pins in our AK's were so tight we used a air hammer to knock them loose, then pushed the pins out with a 12 ton press. Once out, we used a vice and flywheel pulley to remove the barrel. You will however need some pennies to place in the breech so you don't "booger up" your barrel. I will look through my pics and see what I have.

17. E.L.

Here we go Ghrit. Start at the bottom and scroll up.
    magnus_barrel_ret_1_._pin_2__medium__943. magnus_and_barrel_retaining_pin__medium__374. magnus_4__medium__207. barrel_pull__medium__197.

18. magnus392

I am really thinking I can:)

19. magnus392

Use anything short and stout you can, to start the pin, then you can sometimes beat it out with a BFH.

20. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Man, y'all are good. Do y'all check my schedule and then plan something. " Yeah, ghost is busy this weekend, so we'll have a free ammo shoot, if you show up, you can shoot all weekend for nothing." Just got through burning 80 bucks worth of oxygen and acetylene cutting down my old leaky shop, gotta move about 20 yards of dirt this weekend to make room for my new shop. Had a test tonight, got a business proposal due next week.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7