melbo's garage sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by melbo, Mar 24, 2007.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Here's the deal, I am open to all offers on all of this and am not easily insulted. But, I do know who you are... ;) This is about half of what I am getting rid of right now and I do have mags and ammo that I am going through this week. Part of the rest of my firearms sales will depend on what I sell from this bunch.

I am raising funds for something else. So, if you want something, I'd like payment now even if your Aunt Mabel is going to come by in 2 weeks to pick it up...... Thanks

Rifles

Barrret 99 $sold

Barrett 99 with Nightforce $sold

Arsenal inc Sar7 Milled receiver AK47.
    with scope rails, scope mount and Blazer scope. 1 mag $sold
    2 Polish Underfolder Kits with tritium night sights. $sold each

Springfield Armory M1A National Match with TRW internals. 1 20 round mag $sold

Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 NIB 1 Mag $sold

Troy Rock SOPMOD M14 SWS.
    Troy Bipod, Troy Flip up sights, Troy Suppressor adapter and Troy Hard Case. $sold
    Springfield Armory M1 Garand with around 20 clips. $sold

SS Mini 14 Factory folder with 1 30 round mag(PMI). HK style front sight and Flash hider and scout weaver rail. $900

1919A4 Semi belt fed on HK MG 42 Tripod. Comes with ammo can holder and toolkit. .308 and 8mm barrels. Tripod has the Mint condition periscope. $sold

Volquartsen 10/22 with AR15 style stock from RB precision. Carbon fiber barrel and 22 LR suppressor adapter. (can not included) $2000

3 Romanian 22LR training rifles. Semi-auto with 1 10 round mag. $sold each

AR15
    Bushy Factory A2 M4 config $sold Bushmaster Carbon 15 Pistol 5.56
    Full length rail and sites, Flash hider and optional forend handguard $sold

Bushmaster 20" match grade Upper with YHM Quad rail hand guard. Competition grade lower with 2 stage trigger and Arms rear flip up sights with a Vltor fixed clubfoot stock. IIRC, I paid over $2800 for this one a few years back $1500

Olympic Arms 16" A2 with birdcage and 6 pos stock $700

Bushmaster 14.5" A2 with Pro Comp brake and 'A2 Stubby" buttstock, First Samco Quad rail forend $sold

Bushmaster Carbon 15 16". This is marked LEO "Law enforcement only" and is a trophy of the AWB sunset. It has a 14.5" M4gery barrel $sold

Bushmaster Lower with Stag Arms A3 upper. 16" and has the Arms rear sight. Stag makes some really nice stuff. $sold

DPMS lower with Stag Arms A3 upper. 16" and comes with ARMS rear sight. $sold Bushmaster A2 with 6 POS stock, Marked LEO and unfired. $sold

Bushmaster A2 with 6 Pos stock, Maked LEO and 100 rounds through her. $sold

Bushmaster A2 LEO with YHM Quad Rail forend, Vortex FH, and Vltor collapsible stock. My favorite AR of the bunch. I call this the Bushy A2 'melbo' $Sold

Handgun
    Glock 21 .45 ACP with 2 13 round mags no box $500

Glock 36 .45 ACP with 2 6 round mags. This is a very small G $Sold

Glock 19 First Gen, Trij night sights and 2 15 round mags (LEO) SOLD

Glock 26, NIB with 2 mags. $500

Glock 26, NIB 2 mags $sold
    Ruger Mark II Target, Government Model in OD. 2 mags $soldSpringfield Armory 1911 "USGI" model $sold
    Springfield Armory 1911 "USGI" Model $sold

Springfield Armory 1911 "Loaded" model Micro Compact. OD and shows a little holster wear. 3" barrel. Nice and was my carry piece for awhile Paid $960, Sell for $sold

Revolvers and other
    Thompson Contender, .223 Match with muzzle brake and scope, blue $450

Thompson Contender, silver finish, 22LR (target grade) and .410/.45 Long Colt. 22 is scoped. $500

Smith & Wesson .22LR . SS 4" really nice piece. $400

Smith & Wesson K frame, 19-3 .357 Mag 6" blue. $300

Smith & Wesson K frame "Highway Patrolman" 27-2 .357 Mag Nickel, 6" . $350

NEF (New England Firearms) 22LR. I think this is the Glock of revolvers. $250

NEF .32 H&R. $300 with a few boxes of .32 H&R

Heritage Arms, "Rough Rider" Combo. 22LR and 22 Mag. $sold

More to come but I can only pull so much out into my den at a time..........
    Go ahead.. buy something.

2. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Melbo,
    Interested in the Arsenal AK, I'll pm me with my email address so you can email me a pic. I'm 99.9% sure I'll take. Just want to see it first. Also let me know where you are located.
    Thanks,
    KHAN

3. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I am drooling over the Polish kits... Guys if you are AK-ophile's you need these. They are simply the nicest AK kits available.

Yeah, when you post pics of the Polish kits you will probably hook me you dirty rat!

4. melbo

Hey all. I hope I can keep up with this and answer all of your questions in time. I have had very few moments of Monkey time lately.

If you don't hear from me for a day or 2, I'm not ignoring you... ;)

Every time I log in, I have a few dozen PMs. Off to answer questions.

5. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Yeah I'll take the Arsenal. Please see my pm. Thanks.

6. melbo

Still a whole lotta good stuff left.
    By your wife an AR ;)

7. melbo

Just marked out a few things...

Support a starving contractor

8. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Melbo,
    I am interested in the Glock 21 45cal, I am unsure of what the LEO stamp would mean to me. I am not a LEO and would be using this for CC. I am in Texas if that matters. Would I be causing any issues if i were to buy this and carry it with the CC license? Thanks.

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A lot of the various LE agencies stamp the Glocks that their agents carry. Afterwards, the LE agency sells the Glocks. It is not illegal to own a stamped gun, CDNN still sells stamped Glocks, I see them in the catalogs from time to time. So don't worry about buying one or carrying it. It is just a reminder of the past owner. They are even collectible in the eyes of some.

10. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Thanks for that info. I was not sure and I think that erroring on the side of no jail time is the best bet. :) I am looking for a CC firearm. I have heard alot of very good things about glock and have read reviews about the 21 that were very positive. I started my search for a 1911 and I am still looking for one. But from what I have heard is that this is a good weapon. Any thoughts on a G 21 for CC?

11. melbo

Couple more have sold and shipped.
    Mage, the Glock 21 is not marked LEO, just the mags and they are not a problem for you after the AWB sunset.

Here is the ATF ruling.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.htm
    U.S. Department of Justice
    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
    Firearms and Explosives

CHANGES IN FEDERAL LAW AS OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2004
    RELATING TO
    SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS (SAWs)

AND

LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES (LCAFDs)
    GENERAL

As of September 13, 2004, the provisions of Public Law 103-322, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, covering semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices are no longer in effect. The regulations implementing these provisions also are no longer in effect.

Specifically, there is no longer a Federal prohibition on the manufacture, transfer, and possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

There are no longer any marking requirements for semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Existing markings on firearms and magazines relating to law enforcement or government use may be disregarded.

There is no longer any Federal requirement for Federal firearms licensees to obtain certain documentation before transferring semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices to government agencies or law enforcement officers. However, any records obtained prior to September 13, 1994, pertaining to the sale or transfer of semiautomatic assault weapons must still be retained for a period of 5 years. See 27 CFR § 478.129(f). Moreover, records of importation and manufacture must be maintained permanently and licensees must maintain all other acquisition and disposition records for 20 years.

Licensees who provided letters of future intent to sell semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices to law enforcement agencies and other qualified customers are no longer obligated to comply with such letters.

Anyone who illegally possessed, manufactured, or transferred semiautomatic assault weapons or large capacity ammunition feeding devices before the bans sunset still have violated the law since their possession, manufacture, or transfer was illegal at the time.

IMPORTATION
    The prohibition on the importation of non-sporting firearms under 18 U.S.C. section 922(l) and 925(d)(3) still applies.

Importation of large capacity ammunition feeding devices still is covered under the Arms Export Control Act. Therefore an approved permit still is required to import large capacity magazines.

Temporary importation of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity magazines is now lawful under the provisions of 27 CFR § 478.115(d) because temporary importations are not subject to the sporting purpose test.

ASSEMBLY OF NON-SPORTING SHOTGUNS AND SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES FROM IMPORTED PARTS
    The prohibition on assembly of non-sporting shotguns and semiautomatic rifles from imported parts as provided under 18 U.S.C. § 922(r) and 27 CFR § 478.39 still applies.

LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND POLICE DEPARTMENTS
    Law enforcement officers and police departments who obtained semiautomatic assault weapons are no longer required to use such firearms only for official use.

Law enforcement officers and police departments may now sell or transfer semiautomatic assault weapons to persons who are not prohibited from receiving firearms.

Law enforcement officers and police departments may now sell or transfer large capacity ammunition feeding devices to anybody.

Signed statements that semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices will be used for official use are no longer required to be provided to Federal firearms licensees.

RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

Federal law does not prohibit retiring law enforcement officers from keeping semiautomatic assault weapons or large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

Former law enforcement officers who received semiautomatic assault weapons on retirement may now transfer those firearms to persons who are not prohibited from receiving firearms. Transfer of large capacity ammunition feeding devices is no longer restricted.

NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT
    All provisions of the National Firearms Act relating to registration and transfer of machineguns, short barreled rifles, weapons made from rifles, short barreled shotguns, weapons made from shotguns, any other weapons as defined in Title 26 U.S.C. section 5845(e), silencers, and destructive devices still apply.

Registered silencers can now be attached to semiautomatic rifles and pistols without creating a prohibited semiautomatic assault weapon.
    USAS-12 and Striker12/Streetsweeper shotguns are still classified as destructive devices under ATF Rulings 94-1 and 94-2 and must be possessed and transferred in accordance with the NFA.

EFFECT ON STATE LAW
    Expiration of the Federal law will not change any provisions of State law or local ordinances. Questions concerning State assault weapons restrictions should be referred to State and local authorities.

Download the PDF Version

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  12. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

The Springfield Socom is tempting but I can't take on another .308 platform. I'm downsizing myself but for different reasons than yourself. I have more guns than I can afford to shoot, so I've been prioritizing calibers and platforms. I'm getting rid of stuff that can be easily replaced down the road, if need be. Of course if an outright ban happened I guess I'm screwed.

Anyway, in that little arsenal of yours:

Other than looking for reloading components or Dillon XL 650 accessories:

Do you have a S&W 686 snubnose or an AR-10T upper in .308?

Good luck on the sale.

13. melbo

14. Mortis

Mortis Snake Eater

What Models are the S&W 357Mags??

15. melbo

19-3 with 6" bbl in Blue/ target sights and trigger

and

I'll have to check on the Nickel one. It's larger. I don't know the model and the wood box doesn't have a sticker on it. I'll get a picture

16. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm still waiting on 308 and 223 ammo M[winkthumb]

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I hope not, its sitting here at my house,[fnny]

18. Mortis

Mortis Snake Eater

Thanks melbo.....

If they longer then 4 inch... not my cup of tea.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Do business with melbo. No problems with our transaction. [winkthumb] Very smooth.

20. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

I agree, had the same experience.[ditto]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7