Memorial Day Plans

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tully Mars, May 21, 2015.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

A few weeks back our family was contacted by a veteran's group that is planning on honoring those Alabama veterans who have been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. My wife's uncle is one of those men. At 08:00 on the 25th they will unveil a marble and bronze plaque in honor of Sgt. Ross F. Gray USMC. We will of course be attending and will have his CMH on display for the service. We are all very proud to be asked to be a part of this. My wife and an aunt are life members of the Marine Corp Auxiliary, and take that very seriously. While neither of us are veterans we both come from military families who can trace their service back to the War of Northern Aggression.

Sadly, nowadays this weekend is nothing more than an extra day off and 3 day sales events for many Americans. It is our hope that everyone here will, at one point during the Memorial Day weekend, stop and think about what it really is all about. What these Men and Women who serve or have served have given to all the rest of us, and just how high the price of freedom can be.

To all the veterans here you have our family's gratitude and most sincere thanks for your service.

Ross F. Gray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USS Gray (FF-1054) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. wnn

wnn Guest

Very true. Iwill be enjoyin the day with a case of beer & remembering my dad / pap ( gran dad). ( navy) ww2& korea.& every one of my friends i gre up with ,who went into service. Lost or not. Takin paypal donations for the bail tho. .

Gator 45/70, madmax and Tully Mars like this.
  3. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Some quiet moments. Some things just don't get resolved.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I will be " Remembering the Seals that died in Operation Red Wings & Red Wings II" and the Team that was sent in to get retribution, for that loss.... God Bless those that "Paid the Ultimate Price" and those Avenging Angels, that made the Bad Guys pay for their Sins.... Dearly....

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I will be remembering that distant grandfather who arrived on our shores on a prison ship and captained a ship during the revolution.. And all the others that have sworn that oath to the constitution and have served in our many military engagements.. I owe them much and will not sully their memory with dishonor!

And Semper Fi, Sgt Gray..

6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Each day is a remembrance day.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Remembering all those who gave so much. One was a cousin of mine. Six of us more brothers than cousins. Spent our young years together. Hoed many hundreds of rows of Hardeman county dryland cotton, one-wayed fields after the wheat harvest. Spent a hundred small town Texas Saturday nights doing the things teen boys do.Beer,pickups,and girls involved. Then came Vietnam. Over the next few years four of us went. Three of us made it through. Sgt. Roger W. Fellers was taken down by a mine on 1/2/70 in a battle at Tay Ninh. He left behind a wife and two beautiful baby daughters. And a hole in the lives of all the rest of us.To you Roger a toast,salute, and a trip down the backroads of my mind remembering a brother and the innocence of youth.

8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Wow! A Sapper's Sapper! An amazing man if ever there was one! I spent 18 months clearing and em placing minefields on the DMZ in the ROK while not taking fire and that was a unbelievably taxing! Difficult to imagine doing it with the Imperial Japanese Army trying to kill you! A true Hero! Thank you Sir!

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

As a family we attend the service at Fort Logan National Cemetery. We pray for the fallen, we thank the living.
    Ft._Logan_055_800x600.

Dont, Gator 45/70, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  10. Tully Mars

I have 3 friends buried there.

11. Tully Mars

FB_IMG_1432598348648.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. Tully Mars

FB_IMG_1432598359019.

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

20150525_092615.

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I was proud dad and very happy to get a pic from my young marine a week or so ago....
    He was able to go to the NY Met's baseball game recently for their salute to the military and represent the Marines during the ceremony!!
    [chopper]
    [USMC]

kellory, Tully Mars, BlueDuck and 4 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7