Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by apache235, May 26, 2018.

1. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Motomom34, SB21, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Glad someone started a thread! My thanks to those who sacrificed all for my freedom, and for those that passed and have served.
    My Dad passed on 24 March. Marine Corps Sgt. Herb Thompson, Korea era veteran who served in the Corps and as a reserve for many years after. So to Dad and all others, Thank you!

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thanks for the story.

Ura-Ki, sec_monkey and Dunerunner like this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

A big thank you veterans for your sacrifice,thank you. You made our country safe to live in.

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Memorial Day always affects my allergies.. I reflect upon the supreme sacrifice men and women of this country made so that we can enjoy the freedom offered by this grand experiment in self government. One that so many take for granted and others want to destroy.

Much Respect for our fallen Military...

Motomom34, SB21, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

A salute to all who made the supreme sacrifice and a toast to Sgt. Roger Fellers who fell at Tay Ninh on 1/2/70. Another salute to my brother Rob, a former Marine who lost his battle with cancer last week. Of the four of us who went I'm now the last one left. Some days I just feel old.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Motomom34, Ura-Ki, Tempstar and 3 others like this.
  7. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

oldawg, ghrit and SB21 like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Another great story. The stories of these men should be an inspiration to all. I found a website a while back that told the stories of all the recipients of the Medal Of Honor , and how they earned it. Amazing stories. I know our military is filled with people of this caliber , but if these other kids of today would just strive to be half as dedicated as these men , we'd be in really good shape as a country.
    Thanks for posting this story , and thank you all who served.

oldawg and ghrit like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sorry for your loss. I thank him for his service and pray that he rests in peace.

Thanks and admiration to all that served the country. I really appreciate the stories linked.

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7