Men & there manpurse or bags as it was pointed out to me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hank2222, Jun 8, 2011.

1. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

you have to take this with a joke in mind as it was told to me by a women i known for a long time

we where on the way to the doctor office in the hospital to get a outpatient treatment done this morning and i was not trying to think about doing that along with bringing a freind with me on the train this morning for just in case they give me something strong medication for the surgry ..

she was there to help me get home by taxi for i had the money sent aside for the ride home if they had give me something stronger than a local to do the surgery on me ..

she was the one who notice this on the train this morning and tells me about men and there socalled fashion of carrying a man purse around all the time ..

she goes every where i look this days i see men carrying some form of a manbag or purse type bag beening carryed around ..i see you even have your man purse with you today ..

she was talking about me and my sling bag i keep with me along with everywhere ..

she looking inside and tells me i can not belive how much stuff you have in that thing ..i packed it along with normal thing's that i carry with me all the time a change of underwear and socks and t-shirt and a tube of deodant and denture cleaning kit if i had to spend the night there in the hospital if the outpatient surgery did not go as plan and they where going to keep me overnight in the hospital

these bag they seam to be all the rage these days in some form of bag with mulit pocket's in the two basic color of green or black bags ..

i told her this statemen ..you had your turn carrying around a purse for year's now and now it our turn to carry them and look good doing it.she laugh and goes when you as a man get your shoes and clothing matched to the bag then come back and tell me you looking good then
    [kneelsuckers]..

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO] Man purse. [LMAO] some more.

hank2222 likes this.
  3. Bison_Forge

Bison_Forge Aspiring Knifemaker

A Maxped Fatboy Versipack makes up a huge portion of my EDC.

hank2222 likes this.
  4. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

yes as tracy put it best ..my lady friend think's it funny that men carry around there own verison of the women purse

she tell me this ..call it what you like and it still a purse in my way of thinking ..

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I like your friend's way of thinking. :)

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Just my opinion: With a few exceptions, women carry purses as a fashion accessory or fashion statement. The exceptions are those purses bought for utility with no regard to what designer made them. Ever see those "purses" that look like a Chinese food takeout box or what is called a "clutch?"

Men carry bags for utility that meet specific requirements--generally, concealing a pistol. If it weren't so hard to get a pistol out of a backpack, I'd still be wearing one. However, I think having a very heavy bag over my shoulder every place I go is a PITA, and I *would not* have one if I didn't feel this day and age required one.

hank2222 likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Momma carries a purse, to hold all the "Stuff" that she needs to LUG around. It is NOT a "Fashion Statement" If it were, she would have purchased more than the one, she has had, for the last 15 years. It does, however, conceal her Stainless Dan Wesson when she installs the 2" barrel, on it, and then the purse makes a GREAT Weapon to swing at any miscreants, who think she is an Easy Mark. Get hit with that, Up Side the Head, and she will have plenty of time to retrieve the pistol and finish off the idiot, if he is still wiggling. I carry a Briefcase, or my Laptop Bag, for the same reasons. Mine also has my Browning HiPower in there with two extra clips. .... YMMV....

hank2222 likes this.
  8. beast

beast backwoodsman

i just wear my bibbed overalls with lots of pockets
    usually overloaded :)

9. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Well, since women now get to vote, shouldn't they give us the purse? D@mn double standard if you ask me ;)

Gator 45/70, Tracy and hank2222 like this.
  10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My wife has more stuff in her purse that gets used that I got in my BOB. She has a functional tool kit for just about every emergency repair she is likely to encounter from cosmetics to finger nails, to wiring to hanging a picture. She has photographs of all her usual suspects, data and papers for everyone from the tax collector to the FBI, enough change to stuff a block of parking meters, cell phone, complete financial records of household,Kindle e-reader, books of crossword puzzles, and a portable fricking TV complete with spare batteries that will also run her flashlight. There is also a revolver and holster, a speedloader, a spyderco knife, a multi-tool Leatherman, several medications, ...I am always impressed with the crap she totes around. Damned thing weighs more than I carry on a weekend camping trip.

Ganado and hank2222 like this.
  11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

You have over stated the obvious. But, you know what? It's all true!!!

hank2222 likes this.
  12. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

This is all true. I have no doubts. One question- when you need something, who do you ask?

;)

hank2222 likes this.
  13. beast

beast backwoodsman

i dig into my pockets :)
    if it aint there then i look around for what i can make do with

hank2222 and Brokor like this.
  14. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

that list make it sound like she doing stakeout duty and she wants to be ready for those long boreing hour's sitting there in the dark looking the place going where i'm going to take a dump at around here at 2.am in the morning ..

she has a purse big enough to take a trip with and pack enough cloths in it and not need a suit case for the clothing and i tell her that alot when i'm we are togerther going someplace to like the beach

15. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

we where going to someone house we know up in the San Deigo area and they said just bring a change of cloths with us for overnight stay and we ride the train down to there place and call them as we are comeing into the stop & they would pick us up at the station ..

she had packed into a her purse the following items ..one piece bathing suit & bra and panties and t-shirt and sleep clothing & change of shoes for that sat night .. plus all the extras that she need in the purse plus the regular stuff she carries with her

16. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

I don't like man purses. A backpack, brief case or laptop case is about all I would carry around.

hank2222 likes this.
  17. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

Is a Maxpedition Fatboy a 'man purse'?

If so, I carry a man purse.

hank2222 likes this.
  18. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Yes it a man purse as the rules i was told that makes up a man purse by my lady friend

19. fanderal

fanderal Monkey+

Man Bag, Man purse, EDC bag, whatever you want to call it. The difference as has been pointed out is that, us guys carry them for UTILITY.

I carry a Maxpedition Malaga gearslinger. w/ a radio case, and large rollypolly attached.

In it I carry:

Netbook with power cord, and cordless mouse.
    expanded FAK
    Icom V-82 2m HT
    flash light w/ 2 extra sets of batteries
    Glucometer
    Humalog kit
    pens/pencils
    small note book
    3 spare small lock blade knives (stashed in different places.

and I still have room for change of underware, t-shirt sox, and whatnot.
    I have 3 of the clipit things, plus all of the palls straps, and velcro patches open. The rolly polly is usually empty, and the compartment on the back is empty most of the time.

I don't have half as much in this bag as I could have, and that's without adding all the "accessory" pouches that could be added.

Style Shmile, it's about utility.

[2c]
    Fanderal

20. Radar00

Radar00 Monkey+

There is no such thing as a manpurse-

In the olden days, such things were refered to as satchels...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7