Men: What do you shave with?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Jul 6, 2010.

?
  1. Electric

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Bic type disposable

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Premium cartridges (Gillette, etc)

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. Safety Razor

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Straight Razor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Straight razor

Ordered a straight razor recently, a Parker with disposable blades, just to try it out. WOW. It cost $17, and 250 blades are another $15.

It takes a little bit of time to do the job, but gives a great, close shave.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I shave with a Merkur double edged safety razor, and use the lather and badger brush technique. I have thousands of blades --about 10 years worth stockpiled, maybe more. I even have a travel shaving kit the same way, with a badger brush in its own protective canister, a small mirror, and extra blades.

I won't ever go back to the marketed triple bladed disposable crap.
    DSCF1417.JPG

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

How can I vote in the poll, when I haven't shaved in 24 years? Just trimming the beard...

4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Seriously ? ahahahaaaaaaa....last time I shaved was the day I DEROS'ed from the Army in 1975.

5. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

electric and if I want real close I dry shave after the electric. Actually only shave 2-3 times a week.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Only shave when it gets "itchy".
    I usually only get 3-4 shaves per blade that way and it gets too expensive. I use soap instead of shaving cream, although I can still get it in a can for about $2.00, at dollar general. I hate shaving, but itching is worse. I've Tried a beard a few times...but it looks weird on me! I Got caught once with "peach fuzz" in the service, and my 1st Sgt. made me dry shave with a single edged old razor...wasn't that bad, but at 17, I didn't have much but fuzz either!
    Won't try that today!

7. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 Monkey+++

I use catridges, but not because I want to. The wife and kids will not speak to me if I let it get long. Haven't talked to them in about 2 weeks now:evil:

8. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

ROFL!...I'm thinking of shaving and pretending I'm someone else... b::

9. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

shaving

I use a Personal Touch woman's razor..used my wife's once years ago when I was out of blades for my razor and never looked back.Don't cut myself anymore and can shave for several weeks with one cartridge if the daughters and granddaughters don't shave their legs with it too many times when they're here..

10. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like the way you think .LOL
    I with TNAndy ,scissors is only way I go now . Only I deros'ed in 71 .[rofllmao]

11. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Cans of Barbasol are so friggin' cheap nowadays and it doesn't take much, just a light layer of foam...that and I read in the Tightwad Gazette years ago that if you simply dry off your disposable it'll last longer and stay sharper...so that's what I use and can get months off a disposable...oh yeah...I use cold water too. Never had an issue.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7