Merde

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, May 30, 2012.


  1. Clyde

    Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

    **** France
     
    tulianr likes this.
  2. Clyde

    Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

  3. Brokor

    Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

    Am I missing something?

    Am I missing something?
     
  4. chelloveck

    chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

    French as the lingua franca is dying....

    Long live English as the new "lingua franca"

    I don't think that Jean Quatremer realises that the French language has no intrinsic entitlement to be the "lingua franca" of the world in the fields of diplomacy, politics, and trade anymore...peoples communicating between cultures through the world, thanks to digital communications and other advances in technology, among other factors (such as the pervasiveness of English in international pop culture etc), have resulted in the "lingua franca" being replaced by the presently dominiant "lingua anglica". Such is life! (C'est la vie, for the benefit of you whinging francophones).

    Great Britain: Lingua Anglica - TIME
     
    tulianr likes this.
  5. Brokor

    Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

    America is fighting against turning into a Spanish speaking country while France resists the English language. Typical.
     
  6. Clyde

    Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

    Mandarin and Spanish = #1 and #2 spoken first language, then English.

    English is spoken by over 2 Billion people world wide as a first or second language thanks to the British empire. Therefore, it is the language of business.

    French has around 250 Million first and second language speakers and outside of France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium & Brussels (two worthless nations), and Quebec/Canada, most are third world countries that would be considered the arm pits of the world and governed crackpot dictators or shams for governments.

    Anyone think they want to move to Haiti or Cote D'Ivorie or Djhibouti? MERDE MERDE MERDE!
     
  7. Brokor

    Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

    Well, I don't see this as a simple issue to be explained away by democratic comparison or corporate policies. Just as I share no admiration for democracies, I do not espouse the forced projection of one spoken language on the rest of the world -for any reason. A democracy can do whatever it wants, all it needs is 51% to support the change and the other 49% are out of luck. I have no strong emotions regarding France in support of them or against, except perhaps some of their terrible choice in food, so what does this have to do with me on the scale of importance and relevance?

    Nothing.

    I am more concerned with the silent and ever present invasion from Mexico, personally.
     
  8. RouteClearance

    RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

    But, But, But!!!!!!!!

    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VX8nMTuMHWY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
     
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7