Merry Christmas Everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conagher, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Merry Christmas.

3. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep it is:)

4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Been good so far!!!

5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Although most days around our household are like Christmas, I especially like the 25th of December !

Best to ya'll.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

A good day for learning all there is to know about this camera, chilling with some tunes, attempting to cook, and generally screwing off to the best of my ability. Enjoy your day, folks, may it be fun and relaxing.

Merry Christmas.

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Merry Christmas all. Hope everyone is having a great day.

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

All the batteries loaded into the toys, new software and hardware installed on the computers, all instructions properly discarded, and I just finished helping my grandson try out his target shooting, sine rediculously expensive Amazing Amanda doll carrying on a dialog with the 7 yr old, breakfast cooking after which I will head for home. 3 happy kids around here this morning.

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Merry Christmas from Oregon

10. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well Christmas has officially begun, my Uncle has arrived, my brother has called to tell me he and his family will be late (no surprise he's never on time), and soon we'll get to open presents.

Oh joy :lol:

I miss the time when we could get out of bed and just rip open everything...I hate this civilized thing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU ALL!!!

11. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We're having the exact same day!

Merry Christmas y'all.....it is a beautiful day....Who could ask for anything more??

"Somewhere in my youth...or childhood...."
    :D :D :D

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

My Christmas ...so far

They say that there is no such thing as holidays or bad weather in the oilfield. That is very true, I have spent many more Christmas's on a rig somewhere than at home. I wasn't supposed to be home this year either.But circumstances,and a little good planning on my part, ended up with a situation where I could shut down operations for a few days and let everyone working for me have Christmas off.

We, meaning my wife and I, don't celebrate Christmas (due to religious convictions). My daughter always goes to her Moms (my ex) on Christmas.My wife always tries to schedule herself to work at the hospital, so that those who do observe the holiday can be with their families.

So, my daughter went to her Moms yesterday,my wife got up and went to work at 6 am this morning. So I was left here all alone.Ahhhhhhh.....no I am not fishing for sympathy, don't need it. J ust sharing my day with my friends.

So I am all alone and have the house to myself so how do I spend Christmas morn?
    We have a huge whirlpool tub, so I filled it with straight hot water.Popped the top on a bottle of Crown Royal that I had been saving. Lit some candles. Ok, my wife is a candle fanatic. People that come over think we are Catholic! Most of the ones she has don't smell anything like what they are advertised as. But she does have some that are "Pumpkin Pie". They don't make scented candles for guys. They don't have "Deer Stand", "Garage", "Locker Room", nothing like that. So food is the best I could do.

So I mix a strong drink, turn on some classical music, and settle into a steaming hot tub. After about three or four minutes, I am able to sit completely down. I turn on the jets. I aim one right at the middle of my shoulder blades,two more on my sides, two on my feet and legs. I had one left over I aimed it at..Ummm.. well we won't go there.
    Heaven!!!!I was in there so long I look like one of the California Raisins.A few drinks later and I am definitely in the Christmas spirit. OK! This is sounding a little "Broke Back Mountain-ish" [grlft]
    Hey! Nothing wrong with appreciating life's' simple little pleasures! And, yes, I am a survivalist. I believe in enjoying all life has to offer now, because we may have to do without it tomorrow.

I am going over to my Dads' for dinner. I'll see my Daughter at 6 and my wife at 7.So all in all, a pretty good day for an old Roughneck.
    Even tho I don't observe the day as a "holiday" I still love the chance to spend time with friends and family. And all of you here at the "Monkey" are my friends...nay, my family.
    I never realized what a home away from home this place has become until ( due to circumstances beyond my control) I wasn't able to hang out here for awhile.

So to all my Family here at the Monkey, may you have a happy and blessed day.Today and everyday. May your friends be many and your enemies be few,and may God grant you the wisdom to tell them apart!!

Minuteman out!!!!

P.S. Read fast, cause when I sober up I may have to delete this!!!!

13. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to my world ! ;)

I just have them moved to the trash though.... ;)

Thank you for the wonderful sentiments .....Same feeling here....I need one of those tubs though........sounds like a bit of Heaven....

Merry Christmas!

14. Clay

Clay Monkey+++ Founding Member

Did good here, Merry Christmas to you all.

15. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Merry Christmas folks!

16. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

Merry Christmas Everyone.
    Minuteman, I think a good guy candle would be burning leaves. Leaf burning is banned here. It is a childhood smell that I truly miss.

17. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Merrrrry Christmas to all my Monkey buddies! Thanks for the call MM - I really enjoyed that. I look forward to seeing you when you visit here!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7