MERS- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Yard Dart, May 16, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Saudi health workers sickened by SARS-like virus - Yahoo! News

Another virus to keep our eye on and see if this morphs into another international outbreak. With 20 of the 40 infected people dying, it seems like a pretty lethal virus.

jollyrodger13, Motomom34 and tulianr like this.
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Airborne, and a 50% casualty rate? This is definitely one to watch carefully.

jollyrodger13 likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Another update to this new deadly virus:
    2013-05-28T144102Z_1_LOVE94R14SDWU_RTRMADP_BASEIMAGE-960X540_FRANCE-FILE-CORONAVIRUS-DEATH-O.JPG
    New virus called ‘threat to the entire world’ | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

4. Yard Dart

New updated body count. :(
    Mysterious new MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS | Fox News

jollyrodger13 likes this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Very creepy. Pandemic flu possibility is not a good thing. Strange how slow it is spreading.

6. Yard Dart

With a 50% plus fatality rate it is definitely creepy @mysterymet. What ever is holding it back from spreading fast could change anytime with genetic mutations. Makes you wonder if they have been genetically playing with SAR's in the middle east somewhere and created this new virus [tf]

jollyrodger13, tulianr and mysterymet like this.
  7. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

That was my first thought too...

8. Yard Dart

CDC prepares for potential outbreak of deadly MERS virus | Fox News

US expects this virus to come our way.... and no known cure as of yet... just isolation of the affected, which does not bode well for all of us if this thing gets better transmission rates

tulianr likes this.
  9. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I think this bears watching but I do think it is being overblown. The only recorded cases of transmission have been in a hospital environment. One that is notorious for disease transmission, especially in third world countries. The deaths, while a high percentage, have been of people who were already immune compromised. Not surprising that it was contracted by people in the hospital already.

Pallansch noted that current research on MERS indicates an absence of sustained community transmission – meaning the virus isn’t spreading from person to person outside of hospital settings. However, cases of the virus spreading from person to person within hospital settings have been reported.
    “We’re highly concerned, as with SARS, that spread within the hospital is a risk, so we’re trying to update advice and guidance for hospitals in case they are in that situation,” Pallansch said.

Of course it could mutate and become more easily contracted but that can be said of any type of disease. And like stated it is only deadly to those who are already compromised. To a healthy person who contracted it it would be no more dangerous than having the common flu.

Bear and Brokor like this.
  10. Yard Dart

MERS Virus Match Seen In Saudi Arabian Bat, Study Says

Bear likes this.
  11. Yard Dart

Latest update- with the high fatality rate continuing... The issues seems to be centered in the middle east but trickling out to other areas from visitors.
    New MERS-coronavirus cases in Saudi bring global total to 102: WHO - Yahoo! News

12. Yard Dart

MERS virus found in camels in Qatar, linked to human spread | Fox News

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's in the vaccines.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Prove it.....

15. Brokor

You simply must stop asking me to do your work for you. :)

Obama Administration Proposes 3 Flu Shots for All Americans - YouTube

and...

Bill Gates: Population Reduction Using Vaccinations - YouTube

If you cannot connect the dots, please don't ask me to. I already know what you're going to say, "You can't PROVE this is the same thing as swine FLU," or "You haven't PROVEN anything", and to you, I can offer no amount of proof great enough to open your eyes. The answers are all around us, the population reduction goals are in effect regardless of what you choose to believe. Bio warfare, research and development are still operating right in front of our faces, and most, if not all of these viruses are man made. Of course, we typically only find this out after the fact, once the damage has been done and it is no longer headline news. Such is the way of zombie thought control. Seriously though, the AIDS pandemic may very well have been an accident, and not by design. I do not believe this is the case with modern viruses.

I CREATED AIDS to DELIBERATELY DEPOPULATE HUMANITY - Dr Robert Gallo - YouTube

Origin of AIDS: The Polio Vaccine (CBC 'Witness', 2004) - YouTube

Thanks. As they say in Russia, "HAVE NICE DAY".

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  16. BTPost

[BSf]

KAS and tulianr like this.
  17. Brokor

LOL! I could go on...

Viruses and bacteria are evolving. They’re getting stronger, more contagious, and they are becoming resistant to modern medicines.

According to the government, their plans call for a minimum of 2 million dead and 5 million hospitalizations should a viruses such as the H7N9 flu strain or a respiratory coronavirus (MERS-CoV) mutate into a more deadly and contagious form.

According to a recently declassified report from the Department of Defense the threat is real and it could come at any time:

If a flu pandemic strikes, about 30 percent of the U.S. population could fall ill, with 3 million hospitalizations and 2 million deaths. Basic services, such as medical care or essential supply deliveries, will probably be disrupted.

In the plan, the government also says it assumes that a vaccine against a completely new flu strain wouldn’t become available for several months. Even after that, production will ramp up slowly.

Though that level of illness may seem high and the pace of vaccine production slow, it’s completely realistic and based on years of data on flu traits and vaccine production, said Dr. Richard Webby, a flu expert at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  18. BTPost

I just love the "I read it on the Internet, so it must be TRUE" Defense.... the "It was on the Internet, and it had some of the SAME Words, as what I am trying to prove" but there is NO Scientific Connection, between the two Posts, other than a few common Words" and the "You have to read between the lines, to understand what they are trying to Say, because they can't just come out and Say It" Excuses....
    Smart Folks don't get their information from YouTube, or some Whacko Blog, written by some yahoo. They go to the PUBLISHED, Peer Reviewed, Scientific Papers, written by the guys that ACTUALLY Did the Research, on the subject at had. Even if one has to get someone else to translate the Big Words....

kellory likes this.
  19. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

YUP!! Has to be true.. Seriously, organizams evolve! Keep throwing antibiotics at bacteria and they will become resistant. Virus's change every year. So the odds are, at some point something will come along and do a lot of us in, and the web watchers will be able to say they told us so..

Brokor likes this.
  20. Brokor

The internet is a tool, like any other. I have done my research, most of it before the internet evolved, spending countless hours in libraries. Granted, my study was mostly law, but my point is nevertheless valid. We can say that I have gone to interview eyewitnesses, spoken to doctors and experts, and can provide you with paper to look at, but that is precisely what many of the people in the YOUTUBE videos have already done, and uploaded a video of their findings. Frankly, I find your willingness to brush off such a valid tool quite ridiculous. Perhaps you are getting too old, and I do not mean that in an insulting way, but you are not making sense. Last I checked, we were on THE INTERNET, posting on an ONLINE FORUM. Maybe today's world, with all of its technology and information sharing is too much for you to grasp. Maybe you just like the old days when we mailed letters to each other, I don't know. ;)

Please excuse me while I use THE INTERNET to divulge some very important information...

IF A PEER REVIEW FAILS IN THE WOODS...
    Treemometers: A new scientific scandal • The Register

Peer reviews. Yeah, that's accredited. *roll eyes*

A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE! OH NO! (polio vaccine linked to AIDS?) This is an excellent expose, and if you would like to "claim" it is irrelevant, I must warn you, it's not "yahoo's" presenting this.

Listen, I get it. Everybody is scared. Some people feel better when they say, "This is all fake! Only the information from scientists (funded by corporations and private foundations) can provide fair, honest, intelligent information." But, there comes a time when we must ask ourselves what's really going on and pull the curtains away from our eyes. How many scientists are on the payroll of private interests? How many work for corporations? I'm talking about University scientists working for commercial interests...

Here's a BOOK for you, Bruce! Have a good time reading it! I know I provided this knowledge to you on the INTERNET, but maybe if you can find a copy somewhere, say on Amazon, then read it, you might gain some additional perspective concerning what I am getting at...
    Science in the Private Interest: Has the Lure of Profits Corrupted Biomedical Research?: Ralph Nader, Sheldon Krimsky: 9780742543713: Amazon.com: Books

And, all joking aside, I have nothing to prove. The proof is everywhere. Take care. :)

Oh, P.S....

There you go. lol. What happens when a professional speaks out? The truth? Yeah, corporations don't want you to do that. Character assassination, threaten, ostracize any and all doctors, professionals, scientists and engineers who speak out against the hive.

Your reality is fake.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. Ganado
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary