MERS- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Yard Dart, May 16, 2013.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My reality is a REAL as it can get. I deal with Mother Nature, every day, as a matter of living. All these viri that you are scared of, are spread by People, and Animals, that frequent Population Centers.... No Population Centers anywhere around my REAL world. My contacts, outside my REAL Neighborhood, consist of a Mail Plane once a week. We keep our physical contact with the Pilot, at Arms Length. I never get any viri, from Human contact, because there just isn't any. The only time I ever get sick is when I venture outside, to the FlatLands, where the Great UnWashed, spread the latest Bugs, and it takes a couple of weeks to acclimate to them. That is a maybe once a year, adventure into Your Fake Reality..... So now tell us all, Who's reality, is more "REAL".....

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Human contact and the fact that disease is communicably spread are quite real, but you evaded the subject matter itself, that being it is mostly man-made viruses spawned in the lab, like Ft. Detrick. Although you do live in a far away place, that does not remove you from the debate, even though your physical self is safely located on a distant iceberg.

3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

[pop]

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I find it interesting that a deadly disease/virus pops up in the Middle East and the 'officials' are saying it's mysterious. Seriously?!

As to 'medical' research, going by the scientific method, most of it is crap actually. Because once you give someone pharmaceuticals for something, you can't 'undo' it and try again to see if you get a different result. Not to mention that everyone's bodies are different, so there is no accurate way to have a control and a variable group, because people and their bodies are variables period.

5. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

When I was in medical school, one of my instructors told me half of what they were teaching was wrong, but they didn't know which half.

Quigley_Sharps, BTPost and kellory like this.
  6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

And if you do need a control group for testing those new drugs, they are to be found far away out on some iceberg ...biglaff

What we know to be true today, will not be truth tomarrow.. Many shoe store had a radioactive device to accurately measure foot size..

7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well as I've said frequently, what I really place my faith in is the truth, because it never changes, just what we know of it does.

kellory likes this.
  8. Dont

That is a true statement, until tomarrow..

Used to use malox and powder sugar as a treatment for dequbitous ulcers. This was way back when. We haven't used that in a long time. Have had Md's turn their noses up at the prospect of using honey on wounds.. Starting to see it's use in wound care products..

kellory and Silversnake like this.
  9. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I use honey on my 'owies' frequently. Last time was when I burned myself on the wood stove(I was having to angle the log to get it in, and my arm touched the side of the stove). Good news is when you're done, you can lick it off and keep your blood sugar happy :)

10. Brokor

I know, right? ;)
    Yup. And they can now target specific race genetic markers, meaning if they would like an airborne leukemia virus to kill off only blacks, or maybe just Asian, they can. We can even look at one of the easiest ways to spread disease, through common flu viruses. With years of GMO feeding, people who consume these genetically modified poisons end up with a weakened immune system, among other things. It makes the invitation for a super bug, specially created to take advantage of this very possible. Or, if you are of the mainstream opinion, just a simple flu virus not even engineered in a lab might do the trick.

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Science at some point is going to go to far in engineering...and make a mistake that has dire consequences!! Hopefully we don't all come down with some type of zombie virus... that wipes us out. Momma nature would just be laughing at us, at the point, for tinkering around with her world.

Brokor likes this.
  12. Dont

Havent had a flue shot in over ten years and never get the flue... Did have pneumonia for a month..

13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Haven't been flu-ridden or really had any serious 'sicknesses' since I started on herbal medicine, except for whooping cough a few years back, and that was HELL. It lasted MONTHS. For weeks as soon as I woke up, a coughing fit would start, and I couldn't really breathe properly, and if I can't breathe, I throw up. So it was a race every morning to see if I could make it to the bathroom in time...

14. Dont

Bucket next to the bed for all sorts of emergencies?? ;)

15. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I'm certain I read a novel with this scenario. I can't remember which one.

kellory likes this.
  16. Brokor

I had a friend when I was younger, his father was a lead scientists for a mega-corporation in the nanotech field. This doesn't mean I know anything special, or have had secret information imparted, but I do know a couple things about the potential of nanotechnology. The future will be filled with this technology, for sure. Whether it will be used for good or for nefarious purposes, is anybody's guess.

17. Dont

Would depend on who is launching them.. Probably both..

18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Hospital at center of South Korea's MERS suspends services; seven new cases - Yahoo News

19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

ohno Magic.... [sarc1] Somebody wasn't washing their hands......

Dont likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. Ganado
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary