Gear Review Microplane Mini Grater

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Jul 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

DSC00320.JPG
    MICROPLANE Mini Grater

This tiny grater weighs next to nothing, but it was too small for me to handle. I wanted something to bring with me to backpack, and I knew this would work with a little modification. I made a leather handle for it and riveted the leather to the grater at one end. I was fortunate because each end of the mini grater already has a hole, and it was the exact diameter I needed!

DSC00318.JPG I like to keep a stick of cinnamon in a vacuum sealed pack and bring it with me on hikes. I can shave some fresh cinnamon into my tea or use as a seasoning on just about anything.

DSC00321.JPG Here you can see a small bag with chaga inside, cinnamon and the grater. I can store these easily enough in just about any compartment. The actual weight of the grater with the leather handle I made for it comes to just about 1/2 an ounce.

DSC00319.JPG Here is a close-up of the grater. I have used this extensively at home, often times grating cinnamon for tea and food. I have used this grater for about two years now, and it is still holding up great! Did I mention this thing costs two dollars? Yeah!

Item Website: Microplane® Graters, Foot Files, Woodworking Tools/Buy Direct from the Mfg!
    Exact link to this item: Microplane Classic Series Try Me Zester
    Price: $1.99

Ganado, natshare, melbo and 4 others like this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Hi_I'm_Carl

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 17, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. JC Refuge
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Gloves!

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 7, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Motomom34
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Ganado
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. Coyote Ridge
  10. 3M-TA3
  11. hot diggity
  12. OldDude49
  13. DKR
  14. Thunder5Ranch
  15. RouteClearance