1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Gear Review Microplane Mini Grater

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

DSC00320.JPG MICROPLANE Mini Grater

This tiny grater weighs next to nothing, but it was too small for me to handle. I wanted something to bring with me to backpack, and I knew this would work with a little modification. I made a leather handle for it and riveted the leather to the grater at one end. I was fortunate because each end of the mini grater already has a hole, and it was the exact diameter I needed!

DSC00318.JPG I like to keep a stick of cinnamon in a vacuum sealed pack and bring it with me on hikes. I can shave some fresh cinnamon into my tea or use as a seasoning on just about anything.

DSC00321.JPG Here you can see a small bag with chaga inside, cinnamon and the grater. I can store these easily enough in just about any compartment. The actual weight of the grater with the leather handle I made for it comes to just about 1/2 an ounce.

DSC00319.JPG Here is a close-up of the grater. I have used this extensively at home, often times grating cinnamon for tea and food. I have used this grater for about two years now, and it is still holding up great! Did I mention this thing costs two dollars? Yeah!

Item Website: Microplane® Graters, Foot Files, Woodworking Tools/Buy Direct from the Mfg!
    Exact link to this item: Microplane Classic Series Try Me Zester
    Price: $1.99
    Ganado, natshare, melbo and 4 others like this.
  1. H.I.S Survival
  2. OldDude49
  3. Legion489
  4. arleigh
  5. Motomom34
  6. arleigh
  7. Motomom34
  8. AD1
  9. phorisc
  10. cabot
  11. AD1
  12. phorisc