Microstamping may force gun mfrs out of New England

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Sep 5, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

STANGF150 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

If you know even a tenth of what you should know about your arms this is easy to do away with. The problem is the nuts that want this in the first place. They are the ONLY reason the founders felt we needed a 2nd to start with. Enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

Mountainman and STANGF150 like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

That's fine. Just join weaponsguild and/or weaponeer and learn to build your own.

oldawg likes this.
  4. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

From what I understand they intend to have the firing pin or striker engraved so it would imprint a serial nbr on the primer when struck. It usually costs about $10 to replace that part. Duh!

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

More jobs out sourced due to regulations.

I wonder how many jobs were lost to regulations???

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Their choice would be

1) Add $200 each to the price of their guns, become uncompetitive and go out of the business.(The states they are in would lose jobs and tax revenue)

2) Move, which would cost money but they would still be in business. (The states they are in would lose jobs and tax revenue)

7. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

Its funny....Comifornia passes a microstamping law when Arnie was .Gov but placed the law in abayance(sp?) because the technology wasnt up to snuff......
    Personally i think the gun companies should tell New England to screw off and move somewhere else.....

TwoCrows and oldawg like this.
  8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Investment importunity in Montana. Time to buy land.

9. cdwoods

cdwoods Monkey+

A little dremel work, a few new parts, who can say when you really need to overhaul your weapon for refurbishment or repair.

oldawg likes this.
  10. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

"I was out shooting and for some reason the firing pin snapped. Instead of buying a new one, I used a replacement one I had that was just taking up space. It still fires great." Lol.

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7