Mighty puty

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by ruzz, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ruzz

ruzz Rambler

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Don't believe everything you see.

CC and I were just laughing about this, after seeing the commercial.

It does not work in all applications, says he (he tried it at the supply house, I guess) and made sure that I wouldn't even think about buying it.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

But WAIT!!! There's MORE!!! [booze]

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Try it if you like, but I'm putting about a 90% chance of "you'll be wasting your money" on it.

5. ruzz

ruzz Rambler

Lol, oh probably. "If its too good to be true, it is".

Might be some truth to it though. Probably just the clever marketing ploy working on me. :D

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Would you use epoxy to fix a leaky copper waterline?? I wouldn't either...I'm still waiting for my ginsu knives to show up so I can throw out this damned noisy chainsaw...

7. ruzz

ruzz Rambler

Could be worth a shot if ya didnt immediately have time to sodder it up at the moment.

8. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I tried this same product but with a different name from a local supply house to try and repair some cracked cast iron drainage piping, non pressurized piping. My suspicions were right in that I still had to make the repair the right way. What a waste of time and effort. About all it was good for was a hand warmer, that's it.

One thing I do know is that JB Weld works very well in fixing non pressurized cast iron or steel piping in some instances but that's another subject and off topic.

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

If the piping isn't damaged too close to a fitting it could be fixed with what we call a Band-Aid. It's a rubber lined stainless jacket that has 2 bolts that pulls the split assembly together against the walls of the piping. No way would this stuff work on pressurized piping, it doesn't get to a runny enough consistency to even think about fixing a leak in copper piping. Now it wouldn't surprise me if a person could use a form of epoxy to fix copper, like a 2 stage type of epoxy that would be used for anchoring bolts in concrete. That stuff gets pretty hot and might fill and repair a cracked pipe if it was clean enough. I've never tried it but I've seen some very ingenuitive repairs on piping before.

10. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Once, I fixed a leak in my kitchen sink pipe with a rubber sleeve and a couple c-clamps. Worked really well until I could get it properly fixed.

11. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We have partly the old flexible pipeing and partly PVC. One of the fittings that connected the flexible pipe to the PVC broke so had to fix it by cutting the female end off a garden hose with a few inches of the hose still on it, slid the flexible pipe into it and put a hose clamp on it the put a male fitting on the PVC and screwed them together. Its been working for a few years now. lol

12. ruzz

ruzz Rambler

Lol, welp it seems the stuff is a complete waste of money. Looks like you guys saved me $20 :D

13. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No, it's not! if you chew it until the red and green are combined, then stick it on the chin bubble of helicopters flying in tunnels, it is guaranteed to toss you to the train..... I saw that on TV once.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7