Militarization of law enforcement

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I wanted to "Like" that comment but actually, even though I am sure it is correct, it scares the hell out of me and I abhor it completely. My friend, our children have been given the red pill. They have been indoctrinated, brain-washed, whatever you want to call it. There was a time when being a soldier in the service of our Nation was an honor, now it is a potentially highly trained and motivated enemy of the Republic with the best armaments that my wages from indentured servitude will buy.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You can't handle the truth...you want me on that wall.

A Few Good Man "You Can't Handle the Truth" - YouTube

Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

marvelous little piece of Hollywood propaganda but until somebody can prove to me even remotely how it is so or necessary, I'll just enjoy the movie for what it is.

T.R, tulianr and Falcon15 like this.
  4. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Law enforcement should never have full auto weapons, .50 sniper rifles, APCs, and lots of other things they seem to think they need. SWAT is call out for everything now. In the old days it would be one or two cops with a .38 on there hip. If you want to be in spec-op join the military they can use you now.

Sapper John, Falcon15 and BTPost like this.
  5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Easy now we just got three H&KUMP 45ACP simi and auto Now myself 17years another Deputy 11 year and the third Deputy 23 years we have one with senior Deputies one on each shift. As far as the 50cal over kill and I own one personal just for fun cant shoot it alot at $5.00 a round but I agree with that we have 2 308's. As far as the auto, I have been pinned down by a crackhead with an AK47 that was work in a basement auto with a drumb. With that being said there is a place for auto's every officer by no meens should have one. Senior level headed officer's with training on auto fire arms does have a use. Now my personal pref is simi and round burst but H&K are only doing a a 2 round burst for some reason. Just like citizens some dont need autos L.E.O. the same hell Ive seen both that shouldn't even have a gun but. The 3 H&K's were donated by a couple farmers deep in the county who said they were worried about us being alone after 2 outlaw motorcycle clubs moved into our county and tell me those guy's don't have auto's. Most of the one's I know would give a military unit a run for the money.

Cephus and larryinalabama like this.
  6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Bullets fly a lot farther than folks seem to believe. I've used the tools of war and they have no place here.

Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
  7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

It is called escalation. The "bad guys" have full autos, the cops have to get full autos. The "bad guys" get body armor the cops need armor piercers. The "bad guys" could destroy critical evidence the cops get no knock warrants and innocent people die.

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I like the honesty of the post and its verisimilitude

I gave it a like because the anecdote seems to be true of the times. I am appalled, but am unsurprised at the attitude of the defaulters undergoing punishment. Evil things can be done by ordinary people who's lives are largely ordinary and banal. I know that it seems unthinkable that American servicemen and woman would do anything ethically and morally heinous...but that potential is within all of us...the difference being that some of us ARE prepared to question and challenge illegal, immoral and unethical orders, and have the requisite moral courage to bear the consequences of such a stance.

There are many influences that tend to override moral behaviour...the demand for unquestioning obedience being but one of them. The abuses of Abu Ghrab, Baghram, Guantanamo, "special rendition", did not happen in a vacuum. When the leadership of a nation sets the moral compass, then it is not surprising that lesser mortals will follow it without question.

ColtCarbine, Guit_fishN and tulianr like this.
  9. chelloveck

It sounds like an exercise in pork barreling

the military industrial complex by providing a domestic market for hardware that would have been redundant to a winding down Iraq theatre of operations. (Keeping defence industries afloat in a depressed economy is good for enticing the votes of gratitude of employed constituents).

The difficulty with militarising the civil constabulary...are the unintended consequences of such an enterprise. Not all of the conseqences are necessarily favourable to the populace in general. In the event of a TEOTWAWKI situation, there will be a number of county warlords well equipped to impose their version of rule of law on those who are trying to survive. Not all such warlords will be using their armoury for the common good.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

True enough, Chelly. They will have some training with the hardware, but I wonder how well they will be able to collect intelligence to protect themselves. There are some remarkably well trained civilians hanging around after discharge from military. At least I hope there are, and so do the local warlords that turn out to be good guys in disguise.

11. Alpha Dog

This is something that they have beem planning for years and just about everything has been put in place across the US. Now with them trying to pass laws about stockig food and ammo the dark day are here. I was talking to a friend of mine and he was saying that they went on a warrant with some Feds and they were trying to get him to charge this guy for fortifing his residence under state code. Which my buddy told them no so they stuck the guy a federal charge. I seen the pics and my house is way more secure. This is a charge I have never used but it is a open code with a little articulation you could charge anyone under this code. They trying to use anything they can to weaken us then if you have some guns ammo and food there are other charges that can be used and God forbid you live off to yourself.

Cephus and Dogfood like this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oops. That's me.

13. Alpha Dog

and me too but they will have to work to get to me it's a one way in and a monster hike when the bridge goes out and you cant land a chopper on a cliff.

Cephus likes this.
  14. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

couldn't agree more - they are looking for the young guys with no life experience who will just follow orders - maybe they just did a short stint in the military. It's all they know...

Makes for incredibly ineffectual law enforcement officers but VERY effective order following drones...they don't have enough life experience to know the difference between letter of the law and spirit of the law

15. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Dark times indeed

Cephus likes this.
  16. Alpha Dog

One of the tactic's I see being used more and more is they are turning everything into an act or attempted act of terrorism. So that way the Feds can get invovled in alot of things that are local Law Enforcement. The sheeple just stand by and are happy to beliieve that it is Big Brother doing what they are suppose to do to keep them safe. I see things that I have delt with as an L.E.O. back in 1994 and same crime same set up same people but now it's not just the old crazy guy that hasn't been taking his med and been drinkig. It's a domestic terrorist. You mark my word in the very near future there is going to be some kind of act and the Feds are going to use it as reason to put a town, city or county under military control. Here is something to think about, I dont know how many of you have or do deal with laws as a L.E.O.'s but in state law in order to make an arrest, charge your suspect and convict you have to have probable cause, proff and evidence to show this person comitted this crime and you have to show beyond a shadow of doubt this person is guilty. Now you see alot of Department's will take and turn stuff over for Fed charges, reason is the Feds aren't held to the same standards. They can use reasonable suspicion in place of probable cause they can use circumstatial evidence to convict in Fed court. They don't have to meet the same burden of proff as we do. Most of their codes are open and have no set guide lines on what makes it a crime. If you want a good horror book just take a little time and read some federal codes and requirments, then look at the state verson of the same code.

17. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Wow Alpha Dog I'm a fugitive recovery agent and over the last 4 or 5 years I have seen the feds involved in a lot more cases than before. I was just thinking you got these people in HLS just needing something to do to. You just put things in whole new light for me.

18. chelloveck

I am seeing evidence here at this site

I am seeing evidence here at this site that there are indeed some who would carry the torch of ethical, moral justice, and I have no doubt that there are others in the broader community that are of a like mind....one can but hope that there are enough of the centurions of civilisation to keep the show on track instead of a general descent into self serving barbarism.

19. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

[​IMG]

I know what ya mean. ;)

Depends how much suppression firepower they have; however, there is no way any of us would be worth that level of effort.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  20. Alpha Dog

They are coming in to make contacts with local L.E.O.'s and form friendships. Alot of the new training inservice classes are being done by the Fed's. I came in under the old school Cop's and Fed's don't make good friends. I have seen them try to put good Deputies away over nothing the Deputy just didn't agree with them. They have also started offering more spots in their FBI Academy for cross training of officers. They feel if they get into the public eye with local L.E.O.'s it want be a shock for them coming in all the time.

Cephus likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7