Militarization of law enforcement

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

It might have been 12.7...I find recently that the intervening 40 years has had a small effect on my memory...but it sure seems like it was 14.7...let me apply my google-fu

EDIT: It appears that what we called the .51 was the 12.7mm DShK 1938 HMG...the 14.7mm ZPU-1 was also used, but the pictures tell my memory that it was the 12.7mm HMG that was what we encountered in the south, as the 14.7 was wheeled and weighed in at just over 900lbs.

Actually, the "true" .51 would have been the 14.7, but the 12.7 (actually .50) was called a .51 by most, at least in the south.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Aso! .51 calliber and not Chicom Type 51 ....Big Machine bad for little armored cars

3. T.R

T.R Monkey+

They just didnt think it out far enough , fire is your friend and several Molotov cocktails would break up a shield wall damn fast . Kind of hard to concentrate when your skin is burning and your clothing is cooking you alive . Just saturate the ground well first , give ground and light it up when they advance to the middle of it . Fire is your friend .

sgt peppersass and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. T.R

T.R Monkey+

Because you wish it . Resist on every level .

5. Seacowboys

My Sentiments:
    constitution.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

But once you 'pluck' that bird, there ain't much meat on it.......

Cephus likes this.
  8. Seacowboys

Today, Drudge is filled with articles about Military training exercises in Los Angeles and Drones in NYC, with the elections coming up, this is just further acclimation. I warned of acclimation to the erosion of our civil liberties with the rise of tv shows like "Cops". We now have a whole generation of people, our children, that have never know living free and have never questioned authority. Now when they do question authority, we think they are a bunch of pinkos and turn the water hoses on them, so I guess our generation was trained too.

sgt peppersass and Cephus like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My questions are:
    1. Who is going to be flying these drones?
    2. At what altitude?
    3. If they are flown below the SkyLine, how long before they get flown into the side of a building?
    4. If above the skyline, How soon will they have a MidAir, with some Piloted Aircraft?
    5. Drones Make sense, in open Flat territory, and above 10K ft.... other than that, they are fairly useless in dense Urban settings.

..... YMMV......

Cephus likes this.
  10. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Here in Harris County, Texas:
    1: The sheriffs department
    2: No higher than 300 feet has been reported, but that is high enough for this area.
    3: These are not low altitude drones per se, they can be flown low but apparently are taking over or enhancing police helicopter patrols.
    4: The low flying aircraft in the area are few and far between (I rarely see one except a helicopter, and the occasional WWII era plane being flown in for an air show).
    5: Tons of "open" flat space here. Highways, fields, ranch land, farms, petroleum plants, etc. They are not useless in an urban setting if used as a supplement to helicopters, which is what they are supposed to be, according to the news reports.

Having a distinctly lower visual and noise signature makes them ideal as aerial reconnaissance craft for SWAT raids, drug busts, immigration raids etc. I saw videos of drones used in Europe during the recent unrest to give the police a birds eye overview of crowd movements and pockets of violence.

I however digress. I am more concerned about this:
    Joint Terrorism Task Force Raids Florida Home of

Cephus and BTPost like this.
  11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

12. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

13. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Guit, that granola is dangerous stuff when it is thrown.
    The Constitution is not the document we should be looking at any longer, since it is patently obvious those in power have decided it is so much junk. We should be re-reading the Declaration of Independence, particularly the opening section:

oldawg and Seacowboys like this.
  14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

It always urks me when an LEO calls We The People 'civilians' while excluding himself from that title - the police are being brainwashed to see US as the enemy. They are no longer here to "Serve & Protect", but to enforce and control. I don't paint all LEO as such, but I am seeing this attitude become more prevalent. Their tactics support my theory....... Barging into a quiet residential home in the dead of night, guns drawn and tac-lights blazing, ordering the dazed occupants to the floor and handcuffing adults and kids without any idea if they are guilty of a crime - that crap may fly in The Stan, but NOT here in the good ol' US of A.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  15. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Sea there is no disrespect intended by being called a civilan by most older dogs, I always try to call the working class honest people I serve Mr. Or Ms. but the term civilan keeps me out of trouble when I half to refer to a group. I would rather say well your honor Mr. Jones was walking down the street when a group of $h!t-heads came up and started to beat and rob him at which point $h!t-head #1 ran off to the north end of town and $h!t-head # 2 along with the welfare crack-Ho fled to the East side. Every time I try that the judge fines me $110.00 contempt then I get sued by the $h!t-heads for telling truth and calling them waht they are. (lol)
    Honestly we are seeing more and more use to be I loved training boots that had some Military because they were clean cut, paid attention to detail and followed orders. They believed in the job and had pride in protecting the public, arresting the bad guy's. Or just playing with a kid that wanted to look at your handcuffs. I still do it today it's nothing when I pull up in a neighborhood for a group of kids to run up I and ask to see the lights or hear the siren. I have let them sit in behind the wheel and work the lights and siren. I had a boot several years back I had just got a new patrol unit and had an old guy walk up and ask to look inside and he had several kids with him and they wanted a ride so I took them around the block and came back. Later the boot ask why I let them crawl around in my unit and let the old guy look under the hood? It was none of his business at that time I explained to him that guy had every right to look over my unit it belong to him just as much as me along with the kids. After several weeks of foot patrol he decided that our Department wasn't for him and quit. I have ask several guy's why does the new boot that have military background want to put it as us against them? The best answer I got was from a old retired Army Lt. who said it was half goverment bull$h!t and the other half was stupidy of today youth. The boot I have now I made him write a 2000 word report on the dffference between a hostile and a citizen who breaks the law. We responded to a call and he ref the suspects as hostiles. The new breed of L.E.O. scares us older ones just as much trust me on that.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7