Milwaukee M12 Compact Inflator 2475-20 Review & Tips For Use

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by ColtCarbine, Aug 31, 2021.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

[​IMG]

I'm not affiliated with Milwaukee but do own and/or have used just about every tool they manufacture in the construction industry, corded and cordless.

I have used this compressor numerous times at home and off roading when airing down my tires to about 13 - 15psi. This compressor is much more convenient than the 12volt compressor I previously used for off roading. Being I already owned quite a few 12V Milwaukee tools, there was no need to purchase the kit and purchased the TOOL ONLY.

Next purchase will be the 18V compressor for larger projects. Yes, I'm a tool whore.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Brokor, sec_monkey and CraftyMofo like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That's ok, i'm a total Makita whore!
    First it was the cordless drills, then it grew, now, it's just about every cordless tool they make!
    My brother is a DeWalt guy, his whole construction van is loaded to the ceiling in bumble bee tools!

Big fan of ZENEX cordless tools, when you need industrial strength, take no prisoners, drop it off the roof onto concrete tough, these guys last!

ColtCarbine and sec_monkey like this.
  3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I’m a DeWalt guy, probably because my dad bought me one MANY years ago. They locked me in early, too expensive to change now. My son is getting to be that age where he’s going to need tools.
    Any reason to look at Milwaukee or others? Seems like a lot of the you ger contractors I’ve run into use Milwaukee. Also, good idea to start with a 12v drill?

ColtCarbine and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I would recommend at least the 18 volt stuff now. 12 volt stuff is almost out of date or obsolete.
    I'm still waiting to burn up all of my lower quality stuff,,, porter cable , bostich ,,, before I fork out the big bucks for a full set of high grade equipment .

5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Lifetime warranty on Rigid cordless switched me over. I was a Makita shop, but it was all 7.2 and 12 volt stuff.

ColtCarbine and Brokor like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Until I can no longer get Makita batteries for my older tools I'm sticking with them.
    I have way too much invested in the selection of older Makita tools I paroose the swapmeet for them for spare parts.
    They all may not be as powerful as the latest available, but I find that if the job requires bringing out the corded tool it is worth the effort.

ColtCarbine and SB21 like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I will say one thing. I spent a hefty amount maybe 10 years ago on a Porter Cable 18v Lithium setup when they were new, and those batteries died within a couple years. Can't use them, can't return them. Looked on the evil Amazon, and those Chinese fellas make a high quality replacement pack for pretty much anything. Still using it 8 years later, best battery ever made in my opinion. The drill and saw are okay I guess.

@ColtCarbine Thanks for the info on that inflator. I am going to check into getting one of those. I especially like the fact that it can be used to top off your tires. The one I have is the cigarette lighter type and it's very annoying.

Lifetime warranty is nice, but only if you can exchange it locally. I despise mailing for a return, just haven't had any luck there.

I have a Milwaukee impact tool and drill set and it's 12v -I have to say that thing has worked great around the house for many years. (I originally typed "Old Milwaukee" and remembered that's a beer. lol)

8. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I have 12v Lithium DeWalt drill/driver and impact driver, then added a variety of 20v tools (drill, sawzall, multitool, impact). I find myself grabbing the 12v drill most often as it light, and powerful enough for most jobs.

Brokor, ColtCarbine and SB21 like this.
  9. ColtCarbine

It's pretty hard to justify switching platforms as a contractor much less a homeowner. Lithium batteries was a game changer for everybody. Milwaukee stepped up their game when they entered the cordless tool market, especially the FUEL brushless motor ones. They make a lot of specialized tools for the plumbing/pipefitting industry, so it's a good fit for me.

I'd stick with your DeWalt tools unless you feel like drinking the red KOOLAID and spending a butt load of money on a new platform.

Most of my Milwaukee tools are 18V FUEL but I do have a 12V Hacksaw, drill, impact driver and lights. There are times when I need a smaller version of a given tool. Most people would be surprised how much power the 12V tools are with the higher capacity batteries.

Best thing about the lithium batteries is how fast they charge. Depending on the ambient temperature and how much they're drained, it usually takes 30-60 minutes to fully charge batteries.

Never tried any of the Ridgid cordless tools but do own quite a few other Ridgid products. Ridgid and plumbing are synonymous with each other

SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  10. ColtCarbine

I haven't used my 12V cigarette lighter compressor since obtaining this inflator. You need to let these cool off just the cigarette lighter version without the hassle. Bring extra batteries and you're good to go. I use it around the house all the time instead of dragging out the hose from my shop compressor.

Manufacturer's warranty is 5 years. Tools are date stamped and I hear warranty issues are taken care of. I've yet to make a warranty claim. You won't be disappointed for less than $100 if you don't need batteries. Hopefully you have high capacity batteries already. A person can have a lot of money wrapped up in batteries alone.

Brokor likes this.
  11. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

I've still got a 12v Makita drill that is down to its last battery. (Had 2 drills, 4 batteries). May have to hit Amazon and see if I can get a new battery for it. It just keeps on running.

Have a new Ryobi that runs rings around it, but the 12v is nice and light weight.

ColtCarbine likes this.
  12. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Like I said, I’m pretty well set up on the DeWalts…could start the kid off with anything. Might be a good Xmas gift this year!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7