Gear Review Minus 33 Wool Clothing

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

MINUS 33 Merino Wool Clothing

I have been using this brand of clothing for a while now, and I have to say, it is remarkably comfortable. I am a big fan of wool, and I like knowing I am wearing natural fibers which do not promote bacterial growth and keeps me warm and protected. Even when wool is wet it retains your body heat, making it a great survival clothing option. The Minus 33 line of clothing also comes in a lightweight Merino Wool to offer a year round option for most climates. Of course, if you live in the desert, during the heat of the day perhaps a synthetic/cotton blend would be more suitable.

DSC00021.JPG I typically wear a pair of boxer briefs and long sleeve lightweight merino wool option.

The investment is a bit more than your typical clothing, but keep in mind the benefits of wearing wool and the added factor of quality of fabric. This clothing should last a very long time if cared for properly. I have had no irritation from this line of clothing, and it is priced better than some higher end name brands.

Our Amazon Link To Minus 33 Products: Amazon.com: minus33 merino wool

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    stg58, kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Machine wash?

3. Brokor

Yes, but I only machine washed the underwear. I always hand wash my shirts. The info on the shirts say I can machine wash, though.

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Off topic: A male that hand washes.... wow! I am just stunned. I don't know how many times my husband has thrown the pile of hand washable in the machine & dryer. Just wow.

Brokor likes this.
  5. Brokor

@Motomom34 just keep in mind, you do not need to wash wool garments as frequently as you would cotton, in case you didn't already know. I have worn wool shirts (and yes even underwear) more than a single day *gasp* with zero problems. It all comes down to bacteria, which is why you get the smell. Wool acts as a natural bacteria barrier, so you won't smell all funky. Still, if the wool gets dirty, you should clean it.

I have worn one of my wool shirts on testing for 3 months with no washing, but after the first week I did take it off at night and air out. It was pretty dirty when I washed it. To end this story, I will say it was only a test --but nothing funky happened. Obviously I don't think it's wise to wear clothing for 3 months without washing, but it can be done with wool.

melbo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7