minuteman is in the house!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Jul 6, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Long lost and much missed.

Welcome back

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Thanks man. I'm trying to get some technical problems worked out. It might be a few more weeks. Then you'll be seeing a lot more of me here.

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Hey MM, Good to see you back.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome home. We are looking forward to the tales you have collected.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hey Bud, good to see you back online!

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Welcome back MM, nice to hear from you, Still got my Phone #?;)

7. Minuteman

Thanks guys. I've been working alot lately. Weeks at a time on remote oil locations. My company has a tight security filter on thier computers. Won't let me log on here when I'm at work. Got home and a lightning strike had fried the home pc. I dug an old one I had out of the garage. I remember now why I retired it. I click on another page and I can litterally go to the kitchen, get a drink, walk back to the den and sit down before it loads.[ghrit] I foresee an upgrade in the future.

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glad to see you back, you been missed around here.

9. Minuteman

OK!! Technical problems solved!! I bought a laptop, Dell inspiron, hope the damn thing don't blow up. Got wireless net. I was worried about reception on site but I am on the Tex-Mex border now and getting better reception than my cell phone.
    I had Hughesnet satellite internet installed at the house and after 4 years of dial up it is heaven.
    (n)
    But the home PC was still slow so I took it in before I left and am having it completely scrubbed and loaded up with all the latest security programs.Should work as fast as the laptop when I get it back.
    So now I can log on anytime I want.

b:: b:: [clp] [clp] [rockon]

Wow, we have a lot of cool new smilies!!!

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool! Welcome back, will be looking forwardto seeing alt more of you around again.

11. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

'Bout time Minuteman, I was getting read to send out a search and rescue to the border. Glad to see you back.

12. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

Which Wireless Net Service are you using, Minuteman?...

I have a dialup that can also run through my cell phone. Ric

13. Minuteman

No E.L. the coyotes haven't got me. Just been real busy and with the puter problems I haven't had much chance to hang out here. I have to get my post count up. I am one of the original members here and I have a lower post count than some of the newbies. Disgraceful!!

RD, I work in the oil business and am frequently in remote areas. Nearly everyone in my business uses Cingular. They get better reception than any other service I have ever had.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7