MLK day and the lib media and Oliver Stone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Jan 20, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The libs in Hollywod did not like the script Oliver Stone had in mind for a MLK film because he had the balls to tell the truth.
    Stone is a whack job in his own right but it appears he will stand by his perception and research on MLK.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“The script dealt w/ issues of adultery, conflicts within the movement, and King’s spiritual transformation into a higher, more radical being,”

Oliver Stone Explains Why He Departed MLK Biopic - ABC News

Days before Martin Luther King Jr. Day, director Oliver Stone announced that he would no longer be helming a biopic on the slain Civil Rights leader because producers would not approve his script that showed King’s flaws.

“Sad news. My MLK project involvement has ended. I did an extensive rewrite of the script, but the producers won’t go with it,” the Oscar-winning director of “JFK” and “Platoon,” tweeted Friday.

“The script dealt w/ issues of adultery, conflicts within the movement, and King’s spiritual transformation into a higher, more radical being,” he continued. “I’m told the estate & the ‘respectable’ black community that guard King’s reputation won’t approve it. They suffocate the man & the truth.”

He then added, “I wish you could see the film I would’ve made. I fear if ‘they’ ever make it, it’ll be just another commemoration of the March on Washington.”

He concluded with, “Martin, I grieve for you. You are still a great inspiration for your fellow Americans—but, thank God, not a saint.”

Stone had been tapped for the DreamWorks and Warner Bros production, which Steven Spielberg had been set to produce. Jamie Foxx signed on to play King. It’s uncertain how Stone’s departure will affect Foxx.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7