Mo. Gun laws

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by poacher, Feb 19, 2008.

1. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ok I was talking with a friend who has started to get a little deeper in the gun culture and he asked about the NFA stuff. I checked packing.org but I couldn't get the website up and after doing a quick search and realizing that what I was looking for was probably buried under a bunch of legal briefs I decided I'd come here and just ask. So is class 3 firearms legal in Mo? Same thing with silencers (which is what he's wanting) Short barreled shotguns and SBR's too.

If anyone has the answer I'd greatly appreciate it or if ya just wanted to point me in the right direction I'll bird dog it from there.
    Thanks in advance.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

2. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yes they are legal here both of them .

I ran into a guy at the range 2 years ago had a silenced full auto Mac 11 .

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

ilanra.org has state firearms laws linked to their main page. Dunno if those extracts will address your questions, but it's worth a look.

4. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Full auto is legal. Unless they have changed things in the last 2 years or so silencers are not legal.

OGM

5. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Thanks Monkeys.

I appreciate you coming thru for me on this. I read some of the stuff from NRA ILA and it is still kinda vague. I'm gonna have him check with some agencies to confirm just to be on the safe side. I really don't feel like having to chat with him thru a little phone with a guard listening in. lol.

Once again thanks. Poacher.

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Autos and SBRs are leagle and just has to inform local CLEO and jump through the BATFE hoops and such, the suppressors are a no go reguardless. Most any questions you could have on gun laws in MO you could get anwsers (usualy with quotations and citations of the laws) from folks over at missouricarry.org they should know them, some of the core members there are responsible for a lot of the newer ones we have gotten to improve things here includeing the CCW laws, reciprocation, car carry, castle doctrine and getting rid of our old permit to aquire for handguns.

7. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7