Model 63 Winchester

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am looking for a model 63 Winchester in good condition. I will be willing to make very liberal trades. These have been discontinued for quite a while because they apparently cost too much to make. I see them on GB often but they seem to be way higher asking prices that I believe any .22 rifle to be worth. I think this is probably the most reliable .22 semi-auto ever manufactured and I really think it is one really cool looking rifle.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]
    (5 Images)
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td> winchester 63 22lr </td> <td class="listings_gunnumber" style="text-align: right; padding-right: 5px;" width="300" align="right"> (GA Number: 991067724) Classified Ad </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="listings_category">Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single > .22 Boys Rifles </td> <td class="listings_date">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="listings_descrip"> gun shows lots of use and the left side of receiver has been drilled and tapped </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" style="padding: 3px;">
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr valign="middle"><td class="listings_seller" style="white-space: nowrap; width: 100%; vertical-align: middle;">Seller: steve barnett fine guns (FFL Dealer) </td><td rowspan="2" style="vertical-align: middle;">[​IMG]</td><td rowspan="2" style="vertical-align: middle;">
    </td> <td rowspan="2" class="listings_price" style="vertical-align: middle;" width="150" align="center"> $495.00 </td> <td rowspan="2" style="text-align: right; vertical-align: middle;" width="110"> [​IMG] </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="listings_seller" colspan="2"> GA Sales: 754 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

3. Seacowboys

Got one! Ha Ha! Needs some TLC but that's what I do in the winter.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Is that a cocking pin in the rear? I used to make these .22 rifles when I just got out of high school with my friend and his dad, who started the business. I think Wal-Mart still sells them. I remember when the family got the deal with Wal-Mart, it really helped them a lot.

Those little Crickets were fun to make. Single feed, bolt action type with a cocking pin and no magazine, made for small kids to learn safely.

5. Seacowboys

nope; its a knurled bolt that is loosened to take the rifle down into two parts. The plunger extending from the fore-arm is the cocking piece.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Interesting rifle.

7. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

I picked up a couple Winchester 74's (Similar) in an estate sale reciently, meaning to sell them if your interested...

8. Seacowboys

The model 74 was a decent plinker; tube or magazine? Send me some pictures. Here is a 63, it is quite a bit different from the 74.
    Model 63.

9. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Tube.

I understand the differences in the action, some find the old 'hole int he stock'/yesteryear to be what they want.

Shoot me an E-mail addy and I'll send pix...

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

11. Seacowboys

The reserve price on that one is $550.00; surprised me when they posted the reserve auction price.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Just wanted to bring it to your attention...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7