1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Model 63 Winchester

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am looking for a model 63 Winchester in good condition. I will be willing to make very liberal trades. These have been discontinued for quite a while because they apparently cost too much to make. I see them on GB often but they seem to be way higher asking prices that I believe any .22 rifle to be worth. I think this is probably the most reliable .22 semi-auto ever manufactured and I really think it is one really cool looking rifle.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]
    (5 Images)
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td> winchester 63 22lr </td> <td class="listings_gunnumber" style="text-align: right; padding-right: 5px;" width="300" align="right"> (GA Number: 991067724) Classified Ad </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="listings_category">Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single > .22 Boys Rifles </td> <td class="listings_date">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="listings_descrip"> gun shows lots of use and the left side of receiver has been drilled and tapped </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" style="padding: 3px;">
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr valign="middle"><td class="listings_seller" style="white-space: nowrap; width: 100%; vertical-align: middle;">Seller: steve barnett fine guns (FFL Dealer) </td><td rowspan="2" style="vertical-align: middle;">[​IMG]</td><td rowspan="2" style="vertical-align: middle;">
    </td> <td rowspan="2" class="listings_price" style="vertical-align: middle;" width="150" align="center"> $495.00 </td> <td rowspan="2" style="text-align: right; vertical-align: middle;" width="110"> [​IMG] </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="listings_seller" colspan="2"> GA Sales: 754 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

3. Seacowboys

Got one! Ha Ha! Needs some TLC but that's what I do in the winter.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Is that a cocking pin in the rear? I used to make these .22 rifles when I just got out of high school with my friend and his dad, who started the business. I think Wal-Mart still sells them. I remember when the family got the deal with Wal-Mart, it really helped them a lot.

Those little Crickets were fun to make. Single feed, bolt action type with a cocking pin and no magazine, made for small kids to learn safely.

5. Seacowboys

nope; its a knurled bolt that is loosened to take the rifle down into two parts. The plunger extending from the fore-arm is the cocking piece.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Interesting rifle.

7. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

I picked up a couple Winchester 74's (Similar) in an estate sale reciently, meaning to sell them if your interested...

8. Seacowboys

The model 74 was a decent plinker; tube or magazine? Send me some pictures. Here is a 63, it is quite a bit different from the 74.
    Model 63.

9. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Tube.

I understand the differences in the action, some find the old 'hole int he stock'/yesteryear to be what they want.

Shoot me an E-mail addy and I'll send pix...

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

11. Seacowboys

The reserve price on that one is $550.00; surprised me when they posted the reserve auction price.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Just wanted to bring it to your attention...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7