1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Model 700 or Savage 110lt..That is the question?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Gafarmboy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

While I love the older Remington rifles, these days I would buy a Savage. The new Accu-Trigger is very nice, the prices are modest, and out of the box they are supposed to be as accurate as any. After shooting some, and owning a Savage, I believe they are. Giving Remington some support though after they dumped Zumbo would be a nice reward.
  3. GaryBrun

GaryBrun Monkey+++

4. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My Savage 110FP in 300WinMag is my favorate rifle to shoot. Great gun.
  5. jwells

jwells Monkey+++

I have an older Remington 700 in .270 and I love it. The thing shoots like a dream.
  6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I own several Remington 700s in .308, 7mm Weatherby mag., .270, .30-06, and .223 and a couple of 600s in magnum calibers (that's a carbine sized 700 with laminated stocks and vent ribs). I own only one Savage; it's a model 10 with the accu-trigger and a heavy barrel in .308. It out shoots all my Remingtons but I still love my 700s. If I had to choose just one of them, it would break my heart.
  7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a couple of Remington's, my first deer rifle a 788 in .222, and my second was a model 700 in .270. Wonderful rifles. I would never part with them.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary