Agriculture Modular grow walls

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by DKR, Dec 3, 2023.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Seems like these (grow walls) are become a bit more popular and the market is responding.

Gro-Wall® 4.5 (atlantiscorporation.com.au)

Indoor Vertical Gardens, Indoor Living Green Wall Experts (vertvista.com)

You can start small and grow more, using DIY projects.
    {The BEST} DIY Vertical Gardens for Small Spaces – Dreaming in DIY

The renter or folks without property (think rental trailer park spaces) have a harder job, but it is not impossible...
    [​IMG]
    small and movable racks can allow a gardenn isn smaller spaces...

Are you doing anything like this?

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Bloody hell! I can't let my wife see this post as I already need a damn machete to get into my living room! :) LOL!

Hanzo, DKR, natshare and 1 other person like this.
  3. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

The biggest thing to remember, if you use pallet wood to DIY, is to make sure the pallets are stamped "HT", for heat treated wood.

I'd consider these, but hoping to buy my own place this next year, and would then have the "fun" of moving them from the rental. MUCH easier to move potted veggie plants, imho.

duane and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Using vertical spaces makes good sense, particularly in urban and suburban environments where horizontal space may be limited. Exterior vertical plantings can be used in hot climates to keep the house cooler, and make use of what is frequently unused space

Milk crates, lined with geo textile, and braced with wooden struts would be a cheap option....thought should be given to irrigation so that the watering and fertilising could be handled efficiently and effectively.

duane likes this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I have looked into vertical grow walls. They would be nice in my barn (right behind the wood burning stove) so that I can grow forage for animals and greens for humans, year-round. I have seen plans that use gutters, PVC pipe, and VERY expensive manufactured units. Some use soil, but I'm interested in hydro. That way I can grow crops in a protected environment year-round and out of sight.

duane and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7