Molotov cocktail

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jul 25, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Legally they are an explosive DD. Making one just to screw around is still considered manufacturing and possession of an explosive destructive device. So dont do it.
    For comparison a flame thrower is considered and "air gun" therefor not regulated federally and only regulated in a few states. Then there is thermite, federal and most states consider it almost harmless.
    When you build an explosive DD its generally only 1 time use, say if I made a molotov cocktail on a registered glass bottle and set it off I would have to submit another form 1 and $200 to make another one. Because you are not supposed to make and reuse same serial number over and over. And no, you cant put a tag on it and reuse the tag, the "reusable part" has to be a major part of the device to where it can not function with out this part.
    But a reusable molotov receiver can be used over and over.

Now why would you want to have a registered molotov cocktail, well obviously so you can make one and not get a free stay at the ass pound hotel. But its just a bottle with a burning rag stuffed it in right? Well yeah if you're a knuckle drager. But you might want to perfect something a little more advanced than a bottle with a burning rag stuffed in it. You know like one of the cool ones that uses hypergolic chemicals that burst into flames when mix together as the container is smashed, no external flame required.
    Or being exceptionally evil, putting my evil thinking cap on maybe figure out one that cant be put out with a fire extinguisher or even worse, some greek fire shit reacts violently when water is thrown on it, but that maybe going too far.

I designed "molotov cocktail receiver" on microsoft paint for a mason jar and submitted it on an eForm1. No shit I actually did it earlier today. Lets see what they say.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

"Chemistry experiment"

"For educational purposes only"

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I put "lawful uses and R&D".
    When I'm on my computer later I'll post the design I submitted.
    So far they have taken the $200 and put the application status to "in process".

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

These video's are for 'educational' purposes only'...there may be legal and other practical consequences to constructing and using such devices depending on the jurisdiction one is within. YMMV.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Patriots gonna be doing patriot shit, regardless of any laws of man!
    Some time, you gotta break some shit to fix some shit!

Better living through chemistry says me!

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Is this post a little edgy for survival monkey?
    I know if I posted this over on the high road dot pussyville the mods would shit flaming bricks.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So far, so good. Don't advocate, don't post a recipe, and the thread may be allowed to live. Won't take a lot more for some edits and lockings.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I thought they were legal. Learn something every day on here. We used to make them and play with them when we were kids, and added soap flakes so the flames stuck to the rocks. A 20' rock face with one or two thrown against it would light up half an acre at night. Good fun that was.

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well its day 2 and no missed calls or emails saying "no effing way".

Once chimps learn how to put gasoline in a bottle, stuff a rag in the mouth and light it we're done. Well done.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

a rag in the bottle is old school - better methods thru science ...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm still waiting to go from submitted to pending.
    For the last silencers I did I think it took 2 weeks.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

As a precocious youths, a friend and would tie up some old rages into a ball , baseball sized, soak it in diesel and play catch at night. Not smart, but then...

Had another friend, back in the .Mill days, who related the story of as a youth he used his chemistry set to make different energetic materials. Was something that led him to an interesting career path post his .Mill days. He worked for a contractor that developed flying objects with energetic incorporated in the design. Fun guy to sit and shoot the bull with over a beer or three.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ok I fucked up. NFA put my molotov in submitted/in process in less than 2 days after I submitted it. And it went into my "spam folder" and I didn't find it till I searched for "NFA" emails.
    By the time I bothered to look in "spam" it was buried under 2 weeks of and didn't go back to the day I submitted it and didn't search by key word for it.
    This sucks I could have easily had it all legal by now. I'll have to call them and see what to do since it's been more then 10 business days since they put it in process.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They NFA said wait for it to be disapproved and then resubmit.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ok it's disapproved and it's all my fault for not catching the pending email and not submitting finger prints.
    So I'll try again and not screw it up this time .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7