Monkey Chopsticks?

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bear, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I heard everything about @Bear is Godzilla/KingKong version... ;)

How do you like the Snow Peak ones?

Bear likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I'm guessing I'll be ordering a pair also. No need to smooth out my tips though. Are they OneMeeelllllleeeeoooooun DDDdoooooolllllaaaarrrss?

Bear likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Well... not "everything".....

The Snow Peak are pretty little dainty things... and to be honest... I can't bring myself to actually use them ;)

Hanzo likes this.
  4. Bear

lol @Hanzo just let me know ... and happy to leave your tips alone ;)

For you my tough tooth lipped friend... of course not... you get the President of the Bear Tool Fan Club discount... TWOMeeelllllleeeeoooooun DDDdoooooolllllaaaarrrss!!!!!!

Yard Dart and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Two mmeeeeelllleeeooonnn ddoooddooolaaarrrrss!

Bear likes this.
  6. Bear

lol ok how's one bowl of pho sound?

Hanzo likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

With appetizers...

Bear likes this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I know, I drive a hard bargain!

Bear likes this.
  9. Bear

what no dessert????????? not even jae pa pa???????? ;)

Hanzo likes this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

That would be good too, if they offer it...

Bear likes this.
  11. Bear

NY cheesecake with thai coffeee and forget the pho then ;)

Hanzo likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

When did you go on a health food diet?!? Come on man, can do that with pho...

Bear likes this.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So @Bear, Monday after I teach my classes? I can give you the ddooodooollaaarrs for the monkey blades too. Haven't met the L man yet, but I will cover him and collect when I see him next. He blew off our original meeting since he was home sick. And we haven't been able to hook up since.

Bear likes this.
  14. Bear

no worries, always eat healthy... desserts always come first.... will'check on Monday....

Hanzo likes this.
  15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Ney York style cheesecake, would stack up well against nearly any dessert! I have a small piece waiting for.my coffee to be ready, right now.:)
    As for the Ti chopsticks, a tiny hole near the tip would allow a paperclip to turn it into a fish gigger. Split shaft and bound as as speartip. I'm somewhat interested in both, a fancy pair for dining out. And a pack pair that could be used to cook, fish, eat. I see utility here.

DarkLight likes this.
  16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And a hole in the fat end for monofilament fishing line. I'd hate like the deuce to lose a titanium spear tip.

DarkLight and kellory like this.
  17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Not mono, breaks too easily. Spiderwire, or perhaps the ever present paracord.

18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Is there a fighting technique/style that utilizes these tools? I have never seen "chopstick" tools used in that manner. I assume some kind of baton type defense/offense. Always a little room in this brain for some knowledge. :)

19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

You can use it like a kubotan. Albeit, a little long. So can combine with thrusting action.

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo my brother @Bear!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419907019.183178.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419907034.433072.

Titanium sweetness. I have to say, they are stout and overbuilt for eating. Could probably take a boar with one of the chopsticks.

Having handled them, I would always say eating with would be my favorite usage. ;)

For defense etc, I like a reverse grip with these. Easily hidden while you are holding it. Can use the butt end on soft tissue and joints. I would likely use the long end more for trapping than for stabbing.

Can't imagine them ever breaking. Thanks again Bear for the tactical titanium chopsticks. By the way, love the creative case too!!

Yard Dart, kellory and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7