1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Oct 10, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Melbo are you getting a piece of this?

• Closed, empty size: 7" x 6.5" x 1.5"
    • Rear slip pocket: 7" x 5.5"
    • Main compartment: 6" x 6" x 1" with quad elastic compression, internal elastic organizers, drainage grommet
    • "Secret" sealed pocket: 6" x 6" with staggered pull tabs
    • Frontal compartment: 6" x 5" x 0.5" with internal elastic organizers
    • Small shallow pocket: 5" x 2"
    • ID window: 5" x 4.5" with quick pull down tab
    • Loop field for patches: approx. 26 sq. in.
    • Empty weight: 6.7 oz.
    • Attachment method: 5" TacTie™ (sold separately)
    Designed primarily to be attached to and worn on the chest area of a tactical vest or body armor, Maxpedition's new #9811 MONKEY COMBAT™ ADMIN POUCH solves many of the problems plaguing admin pouches currently on the market while optimizing carry capacity in a compact and organized package. This innovative accessory also makes for a dandy organizer when attached to any of Maxpedition's bags or packs. Who better to guide us through the finer points about this product than the designer himself; please click the "PLAY" button above to watch MilspecMonkey's video demo of the MONKEY COMBAT™ ADMIN POUCH.
    Yard Dart and melbo like this.
  2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I bought one of these a few years ago. It is large enough to place a small pistol (Walther P22) in the main compartment and three spare magazines in the front pouch. It worked very well in that role; as a really expensive pistol rug.

I've heard of a few others on this site that has had less than stellar results from Maxpedition, but I can say that everything that I ever got from them has held together well. The only thing that I don't like is for the price of the pouch or bag that you buy, they don't send any attachment means (the Tac Ties) with it, and you must buy them separately.

I see that as kind of an underhanded way to make a few more bucks. I mean, the Tac Tie isn't a very complicated piece of equipment to manufacture, and it's not like they have to go out of their way to produce them by the gazillion. I have purchased other brands (Tactical Tailor- they come with the Malice Clips) of pouches at times just because of this.
    melbo likes this.
  3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I think there could be a couple of those in my future. I like to include small kits (tools, cleaning supplies, flashlights etc) in each weapon case. Had been using Kifaru small pouches for this but I think I like these better.

Agreed on the TAC ties. Fortunately, I still have.a ziplock full of Malice Clips from tactical tailor.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary