Monkey Disarmed by TSA....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Dec 9, 2013.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

TSA Seizes Sock Monkey’s Toy Gun

TSA agents in St. Louis, Missouri, disarmed Rooster Monkburn, a cowboy sock money, of his two-inch toy gun after a woman brought the stuffed monkey through security. Agents said that it posed a threat because it could be confused for a real gun, according to local reports.
    “[The agent] said ‘this is a gun,’” said Phyllis May, recounting the experience to fly back to her home in Washington state. “I said no, it’s not a gun it’s a prop for my monkey.”

May, who has a small business selling sock monkeys, was also questioned for bringing the sewing supplies she uses to make the stuffed animals in her carry-on bag. TSA agents told her they would have to confiscate the miniature firearm and call the police, although Washington’s KING-TV reports that the TSA never did call the authorities. May’s sewing supplies were ultimately returned to her.
    “Rooster Monkburn has been disarmed so I’m sure everyone on the plane was safe,” May quipped. “I understand [the TSA agent] was doing her job but at some point doesn’t common sense prevail?”
    May had named the disarmed monkey Rooster Monkburn after Rooster Cogburn, John Wayne’s character in the film True Grit.

1208sock_monkey.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Gotta believe that TSA agent's training includes de-programing their ability to think.

3. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Phyllis May should have called the police and reported the theft of the toy.

I'm sure her IRS audit is in the certified mail as we speak.

4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I think they assure there is no danger of that issue in their selection process...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO]

6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

TOLD you guys we were on the terrorist watch list!

VisuTrac and BTPost like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I would have told them to prove it was a gun. I'm sick and tired of tip toeing around what mistakes morons could make, if they were really, really stupid. Now if he had been armed with this, at least it would have been a real gun.. 1099-e4b013850edad7961184a97a1b5ea538.

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Wonder what the average IQ of TSA inspectors is. Surely some drop said average way below most.

9. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

I'm betting the sock monkey has a higher IQ.

William Antrum, VisuTrac and BTPost like this.
  10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Oh, I'm thinking that there is an IQ limit to those they hire. No reprogramming needed.

ghrit, BTPost and William Antrum like this.
  11. William Antrum

William Antrum GunMetal Monkey

boy oh boy I love hot button fun...

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Nah, this is just low hanging fruit. Hot button is like Nuclear Energy and Fracking. I think everyone universally dislikes the Terrorist State Agents.

William Antrum likes this.
  13. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

The TSA is a branch of the Federal Government, therefor common sense is not allowed. And I would call the ACLU, this is a clear case of profiling!! I bet they were searching every monkey that came through there. Just because we monkeys are a minority you can't treat us any differently!!! Monkey Power!!!!!

14. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Bad Monkey No Banana!!! Come on now can you see this Agent telling the other? I was standing there and I seen it a stuffed monkey with a gun. He had that look in his glassy eyes [OO] so I tactically moved in to position to where I had the element of surprise. Then I took him down [taser1] all was code-4. I had the terrorist 7inch tall pistol packing stuffed monkey in custody he never had the chance to go for his gun. That monkey won’t be doing any evil deeds today he was stopped by the TSA[bow]. [flag] This guy will get a cookie and trophy probably promoted to director of security training and tactics

BTPost and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7