MONSTER Mountain House Buy CLOSED-Still Great Pricing Tho!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by JC Refuge, Feb 24, 2006.

1. JC Refuge

JC Refuge Emergency Essentials Store Vendor

4 more days in this buy--deadline of noon, Central, Friday March 31--must have payment in hand and cleared. The deadline is not my own.

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Personally, I ain't saying nuthing to nobody about it.

You know what I mean, Vic.

3. JC Refuge

:lol:

4. abacus

abacus Monkey+++

Could you tell me what I need to do to place an order? Thanks.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

PM or email JCRefuge.

6. JC Refuge

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

So what was the Tally for the entire buy JC?

8. JC Refuge

Well, we were promoting this in a lot of different ways and at more than half a dozen online sites. We ended up just short of total orders reaching $250,000! Who'd have guessed, huh?

Thing is, the overall demand out there remains extremely strong, and I suspect it will only continue to grow. My special "ask and ye shall receive" discounts are in place--and though they aren't as low as what we were able to offer in this buy, they are still some of the best prices around anywhere.

If anyone needs to shore up their emergency food situation, I'd suggest that you not wait much longer. Demand will continue to outstrip supply, I believe, and one just doesn't know what that will do to the markets.

9. melbo

I've had a few PMs about the shipping on this deal.

Found this at TB2K:

10. JC Refuge

Melbo, yes, that post is accurate.

Those of you who ordered here ... please feel free to PM or email me with your questions.

Thanks.

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Right now my wife is happily (well, not sure if it was a happy moment) receiving our delivery by freight truck. When she asked, "How big is this shipment? There is a freight truck in our driveway." My only response was, "I really don't know. Just have the nephews put it in the garage and I will take care of it when I get home.

Might have to leave work early. Thanks to Safecastle for the group buy. [applaud]

12. melbo

phishi got his yesterday... TN_Andy got his a week ago. I'm betting that I get the call right after I head out of town tomorrow... Just my luck [no]

13. Clyde

I was sitting here, humming a little tune and wondered if there was going to be another monster mountainhouse group buy. JC, what are the odds?

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[whistle2] [ditto]

15. JC Refuge

Thanks for asking, guys. I was wondering if the time was about right to round up another group of orders.

Two things ...

One--I try not to be thought of as one who takes undue advantage of a situation out in the world, opening me up to criticisms of being a scare-mongering snake-oil salesman just trying to peddle my goods when the getting is good. Obviously right now qualifies as one of those scary times and I have been laying back for that very reason. I want to sell to folks who hopefully have thought through their needs and ambitions with regard to preps.

Two--early this week, Mountain House forced me to substantially raise my eBay listed prices as they were getting sick of the abuse they were taking from other dealers who have more overhead than me to pay for. Fact is, after all the complaints from the other sellers, MH wanted me to sign a contract stating I would only list at MSRP. I did a little back and forth with them and we agreed that I would raise my prices (but not nearly as much as what they had wanted) so that my published prices were still the best out there as far as we could tell.

Further, I got them to agree that I could continue to offer significantly discounted prices to my private network of contacts and previous customers (you guys, as well as those at a few other forums). Without that concession from them, I was that close to being out of the Mountain House business. (This came at the same time as eBay's latest price gouging move, which is causing me to totally rethink how I am selling everything. I'm thinking at the very least I will cut out all the small stuff that I list that barely sells. I also am now just about set up to take credit cards over the phone and am setting up a toll-free number. And I am looking for a good way to open up a different type of online store that would replace or complement a condensed ebay presence for Safecastle LLC.)

Anyway, to your question--I plan to start stirring the pot again in the next couple of weeks. But the fact is, I always offer the same now-hugely discounted prices on my 25-case and 8-case packages to my forum friends. Just email me and mention SM, and I'll give you my best quote. So there is no need to wait for the rush. (One caveat to the "always the same discount" quote above--in March, we had a "once in a lifetime" chance for VERY low prices due to a promotional error, and even with as much business that resulted for MH out of that, they have no intention or desire to do that again--we socked them in for months at prices that did little or nothing for their bottom line.)

Feel free to email me at jcrefuge@safecastle.net

16. Clyde

Thanks for the update. Will do on the email contact when I am ready.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7