Monster Pig: Real or photoshop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., May 17, 2007.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://monsterpig.com/

<table border="0" height="78" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3">
    BIGGER than Hogzilla!

Just outside Anniston, Alabama on Thursday May 3 2007, an 11 year old boy kills 1,051 lb. wild Feral hog. The pig was over 10' 7" long and took 3 hours to kill using a Smith & Wesson customized .50 caliber revolver shooting 350 grain bullets. Approximately 16 shots hit this massive beast, some leaving fist size holes and the monster hog continued to run for approximately a mile. The 11 year old boy is Jamison Stone, his father is Michael Stone.

The feral hog is definitely one of the biggest, if not the biggest ever taken by an 11 year old and Jamison is now looking for a big shotgun and hoping Dragons are real.

</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">
    More Pictures and Video Coming Soon - Hog is being mounted - Many witnesses - Sausage available!
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">Jamison Gets National Exposure On The Rick & Bubba Show </td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">Go to: http://www.rickandbubba.com/ and check for your local station or listen online</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">Congratulate Jamison on his trophy at: jamison@monsterpig.com</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">Jamison received a congratulation from Rickey Medlocke of Lynard Skynard</td></tr><tr><td width="44%">
    [​IMG]
    </td><td width="13%">
    </td><td width="41%">
    [​IMG]
    </td></tr><tr><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3"> </td></tr><tr><td colspan="3"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I vote photoshop.

3. Sojourner

Sojourner Silverback

If that is real, what a supply of hickory smoked bacon that would be!

4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

It looks like camera angles to me. If you watch Fellowship of the Rings "how they made the movie" (one of the extras on the DVD), they show a bunch of tricks they used to make people/things look bigger or smaller.

Looking at the pictures, you can see the people are not actually touching the pig -- to me it looks like they're sitting/standing about 5 or 10 feet behind the pig. You can get the same effect with a wide angle lens -- take a picture of someone's face from 2" (inches) away, and see how big their nose looks.

Tonight I'll try duplicating with a common household item and posting :^)

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Supposedly it is real. There have been bigger killed. Go to the men's room at any Bass Pro. They have an 1,100 lb. mural of one on the wall.

6. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

Actually, there IS a pig that gets this big quite easily - it's called a Red Wattle. When domesticated, they're 'gentle giants' (for pigs) and their meat is very lean.

If we ever get out into the country, I hope to raise a few (domesticated, they aren't quite as heavy as the feral variety but close).

As for whether this is a doctored pic, could be, altho the pigs do get that big, as I said. The kid is a lousy shot - if you're going to shoot a pig, you do NOT shoot it in the back, side or anywhere except the head behind the ear or the heart (if you're good enough). Duh. Otherwise, all you're doing is pissing the animal off. So yeah, it would take that many shots to take down ANY pig of ANY size when you don't have a clue what you're doing.

~Falcon

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Mmmm --. BACON!!!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7