MORA knife

Discussion in 'Blades' started by homeshow, Jun 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

anyone made any of these? the swiss army's knives remind me of a valkman fighter but smaller. around 7 or 8 inches overall.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

"mora" is
    "fin-ish"brand name
    A bit off topic :
    I've bought a simple, small high carbon steel one for less than $10.00 on the recomendation of author Cody Lundin( "98.6 keeping your ass alive").
    it's a simple, cheap, and shaving sharp tool.

3. enough

enough Monkey++

I bought some of these a while back when they were about $6 a piece. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/new-swedish-mil-mora-knife.aspx?a=78455

They have a decent carbon steel blade and seem to be decent enough. I used one in the main hunting backpack for a season. It was fine. They are all oiled up and put away now.

Also, I said tha I got them for about $6. They have obviously gone up in price! SG tends to do that with items that sell a lot of.

4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I have one of the little green surplus Swiss Army Moras. Not the red SAK. I used it as my dive knife for a couple of years with absolutly no problems. It was insanely sharp and didn't rust. The blade length is 4" and snaps in and out of it's platic sheath well enough that I wasn't worried about losing it while it was strapped to my ankle underwater. Nice knife, but it lacks the forbodeing look of my Boker Orca that I currently dive with.

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Hanzo
  3. Taylor90
  4. Hanzo
  5. Brokor
  6. itsmedave
  7. H.I.S Survival
    Thread

Mora knives

You've never seen a review like this guaranteed [MEDIA]
    Thread by: H.I.S Survival, Jul 16, 2016, 13 replies, in forum: Blades
  8. phorisc