More Executive Orders

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DMGoddess, Apr 4, 2013.

1. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Never mind that website, go here and see for yourself.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-03-22/pdf/2012-7019.pdf
    zero is going just a bit deeper than FDR did, and is setting up the mechanisms ahead of need. Way too deep, in my mind, and he's delegated some of his actual authority to worms (unelected bureaucrats.)

3. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

You know, giving away authority is what got George III in trouble, back in 1776.

4. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

can you say "COMMIE BASTARDS"

Seawolf1090 and Icefoot like this.
  5. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

Old news. That EO was signed a year ago. I remember the flap. This has been in place since 1950 and each president since Eisenhower has renewed it and typically added language to make it more specific and all-encompassing. At its inception, it was to keep American industry working in sync with each other for maximum productivity in case we needed to fight another WWII type conflict. But due to government growth/corruption over the subsequent years, it has the feel of (and would probably used for) "I'm going to declare a national emergency so I can set myself up as king/dictator and enslave all those ignorant Americans that keep fighting against what I know is good for them".

This is a case of never create a government agency/program to accomplish a laudable goal while people of good character are in power that can later be abused by evil/corrupt people to enslave you.

Still, I agree with Rabid: Commie Bastards!

BTPost and Yard Dart like this.
  6. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

IIRC didn't the Klintons do something similar ?

OldDude49 likes this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

This is brilliant timing on behalf of our current President. 4 seperate orders issued that if congress wants to oppose them they must come back from vacation and issue 4 seperate injunctions to stop these.

Look at the ones Trump signed the first week in August
    Presidential Actions | The White House

OldDude49 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7