More LEOs behaving badly

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, May 14, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Whoa....what a gem that guy is. I hope he goes to prison...I just can't see shooting some lady in the back as defendable.

Obviously, this guy has impulse issues and doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a LEO. But, can you imagine if the driver were black??? This incident, clearly the result of a worthless POS's decision making skills, would then be attributed to racism.

What a crummy story.

Generally, at night, I have headphones on waiting to pass out (don't want to wake the kids with my meditation CDs). There is a .45 close to my hand...someone busts in....I'm going to think it's bandits and am likely to shoot first.

This 'cops-out-of-control' theme is only going to get worse.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is scary and sad. I wonder who do you trust? Are we going to be reading more stories of people failing to call law officers and taking matters into their own hands? Will people immediately be on the defense when they see law officers? There are some really good, solid, decent officers out there, I hate to see their good persons tarnished by this rise in aggressive law enforcement. (I hope that makes sense)

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

It seems to me that the TV show "Cops" is partly responsible for this, as each department on it looked like they were trying to top the excessive zeal of the previous departments shown.

There was one episode I saw that was done in Alaska, they were amazingly patient and polite.
    One officer was talking to two drunk Native American women, one tried to hit him, he stepped back from her swing and continued talking to them calmly.
    The people I watched it with were from Alaska, and said that is exactly how they are.

5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Currently filming in Toledo, OH and with the history of racial tension in that city it could prove interesting.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yep, Our State Troopers are just as tolerant, and nice, as any LEOs in existence. They have to be, in that they pretty much go by the Motto, "One Riot, One Trooper" especially out in the bush. They depend on local folks backing them up, when they are alone, and on a call. If you have a "Pissed Off Village" it is much harder to do your JOB, so you take care to keep on the BEST Terms, as possible. Also, our Troopers are known to be FAIR, and Reasonable to deal with. They enforce the Statutes of the State, but do so in the quietest, and least intimidating way possible. If they have to get Tough, they Will, NO DOUBT, but that is way down the list, of Options in their Public Service, Bag of Tricks. My Trooper comes by for lunch, a couple of times a winter, just because..... and he KNOWS, that if he needs something, for the JOB, he can get it HERE. ...... YMMV....

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

The thing you missed my friend is the chiefs, mayors , and clowncill members who are telling the officer take care of the problem get it solved, use extra legal means, ect and then they say what us no we will investigate.

ditch witch and oldawg like this.
  9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

I had a friend who was a medically retired LEO, the reason he was medically retired was that several of the drug dealing biker gang he was investigating stomped him, while the corrupt LEO's watched and did nothing.
    This is where the real problem comes from the "good cops" get no backup from the corrupt cops unless they turn a blind eye to the corruption, thus becoming corrupt themselves.

10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Our local State Troopers and Sheriff Dept. are the best. They try to first handle things.......well...lets just say they like to handle it at home. Common sense and knowledge of the locals allows them to know exactly how to fix a problem.

Case in point: Local tavern, 0115hrs., Jethro is drunk and throwin beer bottles out the front window. Deputy gets on scene and hollers to Jethro "you throw one more bottle and I will punch you in the nose and call your momma!" Jethro comes outside and throws a bottle at Dan (the Deputy). Dan draws back and knocks Jethro to the ground. Then Dan gets out his cell phone and calls Mrs. Jones (Jethro's momma).

Dan: Hello? Hello?......Wake up. WAKE UP! Pick up the phone.

Mrs Jones: mmmmmff........hew-wo?

Dan: WAKE UP! Can you hear me?

Mrs. Jones: Yeah....yeah, I can hear you. What do you want?

Dan: Mom, come get Jethro, he is drunk and being a dpishit again.

Mrs. Jones: Okay honey. I will send yer father down. Get back to work, you dont want to see him get Jr.!

Now that is an officer behaving.....ummm...........badly?

RouteClearance and BTPost like this.
  11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

So now that I have posted to this, it should be 'New' to Mr guit

13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

15. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

tulianr likes this.
  16. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...r-mistaking-him-for-intruder/?test=latestnews

Not all the facts are out, but here's the summary. Off duty cop staying at a motel shoots and kills a suspected intruder with his service pistol and it turns out to be his 37 year old son.

I can't help but see a cop with such an ingrained sense of "holier than thou" towards non-LEOs they believe they are more justified in killing a suspect, then they don't use prudency.

17. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I'll be interested to see the remaining details come out in this case. I'll be surprised if this guy was in his right mind before the shooting, and I'm fairly certain that he was not, after the shooting.

18. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

19. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Wow. Looks like that could have been handled better.

sgt peppersass likes this.
  20. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

wow, you can tell they are trying to cover it up. haha officers tried buying cell phone footage! POS

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7