More LEOs behaving badly

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, May 14, 2012.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Yeah, right....that's what "they" all say ;)

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

This entire thread, is about finding fault with police officers. Some of it is justified, some of it is hogwash. Most of it, is rush to judgment.
    Anytime I see a tag line like "screw the cops" on a reported story, it is very clear the story is biased, the reporting is slipshod, the headline misleading, and the conclusions reached are not a logical represtation of the true facts.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Just to mention once again: I do support good, honest, small town cops to an extent. I do support and recognize the good work Sheriffs can perform, and encourage them to continue to do better. But, this militarized police state MUST end.

I do find this to be extremely relevant, as it is recommended viewing to all Americans today:

Police State 1, 2, and 3

Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA

Ganado likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

And sometimes one has to take the blinders off and see what is going on around them. You can be part of the problem.....or part of the solution. Sitting on the curb rooting for the cops because you are firmly for their right to enforce the rule of law with a heavy hand, you are just another part of the problem. As another said, Protect and Serve.... is nowday's more like Obey or get smashed.

Motomom34, Brokor and Ganado like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Didn't the SS in Germany pre- WWII start out like this?

Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  6. kellory

Mayberry is no more. Andy never needed his gun, and to the best of my knowledge, never wore a vest. Drunks were the worst of his problems, and fights.
    Now, he gets shot while pumping gas, run over by crazed drivers, shot with armor piercing ammo, and his family is attacked if they are known.
    Cops have one of the highest suicide rates, and high blood pressure issues, and every contact could pass HIV or something worse.
    I hear it often "it's only illegal if you get caught".... No, it's not. It is illegal, weather you get caught or not, and with the better surveillance, DNA, data mining, profiling, facial recognition software, meta-data, and hundreds of other tools, getting caught is much more likely than ever before.
    Yet civility is slipping away. Manners are nearly gone. Chivalry, and honor are scoffed at, and thug life is revered.
    You want to avoid a Police state? Start with manners.teach your kids the proper respect for the man and the office, proper speech, education them to the law and proper behavior. (And that included pulling their damn pants up) everyone wants to claim their RIGHTS but most do not even know their responsibilities.
    Arguing with a cop about the law, is not his function, he enforces law, he didn't write it or pass it.you want to argue the law? Go to court.

BTPost likes this.
  7. Brokor

Lick the boots of tyrants? Teach children to OBEY like slaves? That will never happen from my end. In this Constitutional republic, which has been effectively lost and not forgotten, the sovereign people still hold all the power, no matter what the corporate documents of these usurpers claim.

If you think it's bad now, just wait for the race war to come and then open martial law, or worse --another terrorist ™ attack.
    As far as I see it, the Hegelian Dialectic has played its part; the people you see who lack honor and integrity are the result of federal schooling, broken families and state mandated child kidnapping services, psychotropic drugging, mandatory vaccinations, poisoned food and water, marketed Hollywood thug culture, and an abusive militarized police state. That's just to name a few of the more important reasons. Adding more abusive police and submitting like SLAVES will not solve this problem --just as throwing oil on a fire wouldn't help.

Ganado likes this.
  8. kellory

Do not put words in my mouth. I did NOT say OBEY. I said " You want to avoid a Police state? Start with manners.teach your kids the proper respect for the man and the office, proper speech, education them to the law and proper behavior. (And that included pulling their damn pants up)". That means teach your kids to be citizens, not thugs.

Pax Mentis likes this.
  9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

As a former cop from a family of cops I gotta point out that being mouthy isn't an offense requiring the use of force to remediate.

3cyl, Brokor, Tobit and 3 others like this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Ty @chimo for saying that.you can't fix what is off in this country with manners. I'm not saying don't have them or teach them but bad behavior doesn't source with manners.

Brokor likes this.
  11. kellory

You're right, but it was at that point the cop decided to enforce the real infraction, instead of letting it slide. (It WAS a minor violation, after all) mouthy got him busted.

Pax Mentis likes this.
  12. chimo

If a cop I worked with wrote up someone for jaywalking, we'd laugh at him and ask him if he wanted a transfer to the meter maids. If you can't deal with people without becoming a petty bully, you need a career change.

Brokor, Ganado, kellory and 1 other person like this.
  13. chimo

Is it a good story that will make me giggle...or a story that will make me rant about what a bunch of dipsticks our cops are turning into these days? If it's the latter...no thanks...it'll just get my blood pressure up.

Ganado and Brokor like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

"Everyone comes home safe, at the End of Tour" does NOT mean that you execute every Perp, that gives you grief, while on Duty.... Many Outfits seem to have the former type Training, rather than the Latter type Training. Want to know how a CopShop works, Look at the Training, for New Officers, and how they are Mentored, while on Probationary Office..... That tells the Tale....

3cyl, chimo, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  15. Brokor

The family's lawyer makes a very valid argument.

16. Brokor

17. Pax Mentis

Ganado likes this.
  18. chimo

FOP leadership has never has been real bright...which is why my Dad's generation dumped them and created the CPPA after the Glenville riots in 68.

19. Pax Mentis

The whole concept of public employee unions is ridiculous...2 groups of public employees "bargaining" with absolutely no input from the actual employer who pays the bill...the citizens.

20. chimo

Yep, I agree. Oh no's the Union might tell us we ain't real cops now! See how this silly group-think stuff works? ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7