More LEOs behaving badly

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, May 14, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I wonder just WHO, put that picture of a Taser Device being shot out of a Shotgun, by a Swat Attired Policeman and attached it to this story.... and for WHAT Purpose.... No where in the Story does it mention, or even allude to, such a weapon being used on the boy. I suspect the Taser used, was the standard handheld weapon, that uses Compressed Gas to propel the Barbs. Yes, I have a GIANT Problem with the Officers conduct, but to allude to the Officer using a Shotgun on the boy, even with a non-Lethal Loadout, is pure Propaganda..... My Opinion..... YMMV.....

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

NO. They are not far and few between. They are the rule, not the exception. Half of my family are cops, (in fact, I had to pass a back ground check to marry into the family.) The VAST majority of officers are doing their best to uphold the law, respect the people they serve, and remove from the streets, those who do not.
    They are in my experience, professional, effective, and take their jobs seriously. But like all walks of life, there are some who take themselves too seriously, or elevate themselves. Cops do not tolerate bad cops. Any officer who can not handle being an enforcer should drive a desk, or be dismissed from the force.

sgt peppersass likes this.
  4. kellory

There is a caption, as you roll over the image, that says "At least he didn't use the Taser XREP" which is pictured. (a new product I have seen reviewed recently.)

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

486306_397206340353414_1580518340_n.
    486306_397206340353414_1580518340_n.

Ganado likes this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Not really TOTAL WD,no swat team standing around with the driver on the ground twitching and the rear door lying over in the grass still smoking.

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Women tased in LA then goes into cardiac arrest. Plus some good info for taser happy cops.

9. Mountainman

sgt peppersass and CATO like this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

The following will make you ask yourself, if the majority of todays LEOs are like Alpha, where in a sane world was the good one involved in this action.
    2 people dead. No weapon found in their possession. These 2 people had records and obviously were not members of the local Lion's Club or Church Choir. In this case it seems they were in the wrong place at the right time to die at the hands (guns) of a bakers dozen amped up Storm Troopers
    13 Police Officers Shoot 137 Rounds Leaving 2 Dead

12. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I don't know. A twenty-five minute chase would give someone plenty of time to dispose of a weapon. I agree that we are seeing something of an overreaction on the part of the LEOs involved (or some poor shooting); but some common sense on the "victims" part would have been a good thing.

IF they didn't do anything wrong, why were they running? I know, I know, attempting to flee is not an admission of guilt; but come on. Frankly, I'm a little tired of the LEOs having to play nicey nicey with these little thugs. When a cop says STOP, it isn't a invitation to a race through the county. It freaking means STOP!

If you didn't do anything wrong, (generally) you go on your way. Maybe I just haven't had some of the bad experiences with LEOs that some other folks have had. Every time that an officer has pulled me over or stopped me over the years, in multiple states, they have been disgustingly polite and professional. I wouldn't want their job, and so I am slow to criticize them.

Let the flames begin.

13. Mountainman

No flames, but I have to say that if you pulled this S on someone that did not display a gun or fire at you at the time when you unloaded on them, you would be sitting in jail on murder charges instead of riding a desk and getting paid.

tulianr, tacmotusn and BTPost like this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

The LEOs involved in this incident violated more than one of their own standard operating procedures. If you can't keep a clear head, and use standard rules of engagement for deadly force, you have no business wearing a badge let alone carrying a firearm in public. Oversight, investigation in detail, and if it warrants, suspensions, outright firings, and or prosecution under the law may well be called for here. It doesn't look good. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. A coverup or a white wash would be a mistake for all. This is a problem that needs to be addressed and resolved. My first post was meant to ask, where was that one sane voice in charge to monitor and take control of this situation before it went out of control like this? As you said, this chase went on for 25 minutes. Where were the supervisors and oversight.

BTPost and tulianr like this.
  15. Mountainman

16. kellory

They don't come much dumber than this.

chelloveck and Mountainman like this.
  17. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

sorry PsOS

135px-SA-Logo.svg.

!
    135px-SA-Logo.svg.

18. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Jackboots! Just for running outside . . . . These guys should be prosecuted when they do stunts like this at the wrong address. I'll betcha there would be fewer raids on incorrect houses after that.

Is it me, or are they getting much better at hitting dogs and pedestrians?

Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake « CBS Denver

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – An Adams County man is in shock after he says deputies shot and killed his dog.
    Jeff Fisher said deputies went to his house by mistake. He said when they opened the door his dog Ziggy ran outside and officers shot and killed him.
    Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone.
    “(He went to the door) to see who it was and the police officer shot him three times,” Fisher said. “They killed my dog for no reason.”
    The Adams County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to the address on reports of a business alarm going off. A spokesman said he can’t say more until the investigation is complete.

19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

No driver is going to get away with being rear ended by my son! And I'll put a gun to her head to prove it!!

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

He's pretty hard to beat. :rolleyes:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7