More on the RFID Chip

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by kckndrgn, Jun 28, 2007.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<embed style="width: 400px; height: 326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=376268864489716150&hl=en" flashvars="">

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

IMHO An electrically secured handgun could also be flooded with rf to deny its use...
    (...We're DOOMED!...)

3. kckndrgn

yup, also, suppose you have one of those new fangled firearms that has to use RFID to work. Say you now want to sell that gun, how do you get the gun to work with the new owner? Oh, lemme guess, you have to go to the local PD to have them adjust the code.

No thanks, I'll stick to my RFID free guns!!!

4. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

Hah, wait till the get a load of my HERF transmitter. No RFID chip will survive a 100 watt RF pulse.

5. evilgijoe88

evilgijoe88 Monkey+++

well, an rfid chip is just another sensor. so it should be able to be bypassed in the first gen. just splice the ingoing and out going wires together and the chip should be left out of the loop.i know that bypassing isnt the safest, but it does work for many simple electronics, and for something like this it would have to be simple electronics to deal with wear and tear damages. just a thought

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Its a "tuned" resonant circuit (antenna ) that is loosely coupled to the reader antenna. The reader signal resonates in the rfid circuit, powering up the chip. The chip powers up and activate a semiconductor switch shorting the antenna and detuning ( killing )the resonance of the circuit; the chip opens and closes the switch to "detune" as away of sending the "coded"( loaded) digital information it contains. The reader is "loosely coupled" so it detects a changing load in its output circuit..
    :)Some where I can back up all this rf theory up with a link, I'll look for it for the hams out there..
    An example of "loosely coupled" circuits would be the primary and secondary windings in any transformer. Normally They never physically connect or short directly together,. but if you short the secondary winding ... it will take out the primary too.And smell real bad doing it!...

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

8. kckndrgn

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070909/ap_on_re_us/chipping_america_ii_2

Long article, didn't want to copy and paste the whole thing here. Basically it is belived that in the 90's it was confirmed that the RFID chips were the direct cause of cancer in lab mice/rats.

Now that may not translate directly that humans will get it, but it's not like I want to increase my chances anyway!

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

For the last 2 nights on the local news, they've been telling of tumors in pets who were microchipped. I can't find a link on their website, but I'll keep my eyes/ears open for updates.

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You know, we could implant small scramblers and other little anti-chip items just as easily as they do the rfid. I would love to have a built-in bar-code reader or maybe an ipod chip set with video capabilities.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7