More Op-ED: How soccer made refugees Americans

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tobit, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Tobit

Tobit Ham Extra Class

Sometimes I think the people who author this shit are too focused on their studies and truly have no grasp of the bigger picture.

(CNN) That the first blasts of last Friday's attacks in Paris were heard outside Stade de France should not be a surprise. The French were hosting a "friendly" against Germany, with President Francois Hollande sitting among the passionate soccer fans.

From the massacre of the Israeli team at the Munich Olympic Games in 1972 to the cancellation of the Dakar Rally in 2008 to the attack on the Boston Marathon in 2013, sporting events have been prime targets for terror for decades.

Tuesday, Germany canceled its own friendly against the Netherlands, citing "concrete intelligence" of potential bombs. Chancellor Andrea Merkel, who had planned on attending the game, affirmed that cancellation was necessary: "I was just as sad as millions of fans that this cancellation had to happen, but the security agencies took a responsible decision."

FULL STORY: How soccer made refugees Americans - CNN.com

pearlselby likes this.
  2. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

What CAN be said?

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think the refugee's principal crime in the Op Ed, was that they weren't playing gridiron or baseball instead of soccer....how disloyal! not to play the national sports. Obviously their subversion of Amerikan culture is working. :rolleyes:

4. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well you got to wonder when chelloveck hits it right on the head and gets it right the first time. Soccer should be banned! I mean what next? Eating snails? Snooty waiters? NOT ON MY WATCH!

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7