More safety deposit box talk

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

rumors!:from 06...:
    http://www.democraticunderground.co...mesg&forum=103&topic_id=186660&mesg_id=186660

Rumor: "Homeland Security To Confiscate Bank Safe Deposit Box Contents"<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <table class="post-message" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="10" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="1%">[​IMG]</td> <td width="99%">
    Advertisements [?]​
    <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-7805397860504090"; /* Single, MedRectangle, Unreg */ google_ad_slot = "0247126175"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250; google_ad_region="test"; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>
    <!-- google_ad_section_start -->...in the event of a "national emergency" only, of COURSE!

January Sunday 22nd 2006
    Homeland Security To Confiscate Bank Safe Deposit Box Contents

BANK OF AMERICA & COMPASS BANK MANAGERS WERE TOLD HOMELAND SECURITY WILL CONFISCATE SAFE DEPOSIT BOXES
    by notepad

While all the other points I mentioned in a previous post are fairly well documented and discussed elsewhere on the Internet, the bank information I reported is not. This information is from my own experience and research. I discovered the disturbing news quite by accident - and by virtue of its importance, I decided to post my findings here and on a few other forums.

What did I hear?

A family member from Irvine, CA (who’s a branch manager at Bank of America) told us two weeks ago that her bank held a "workshop" where the last two days were dedicated to discussing their bank’s new security measures. During these last two days, the workshop included members from the Homeland Security Office who instructed them on how to field calls from customers and what they are to tell them in the event of a national disaster. She said they were told how only agents from Homeland Security (during such an event) would be in charge of opening safe deposit boxes and determining what items would be given to bank customers.

At this point they were told that no weapons, cash, gold, or silver will be allowed to leave the bank - only various paperwork will be given to its owners. After discussing the matter with them at length, she and the other employees were then told not to discuss the subject with anyone.

The family member has since given her notice to quit the bank.

I found the news alarming and decided to find out more myself. On a trip to my bank here in Houston, I remarked to a young bank employee (who’s new there), "well I guess you’ve been told all that stuff by the manager and the Homeland Security about what to tell your customers" - and to my amazement, the young woman came right out and said yes she’d been through all that, then whispered to me across the counter, "but we’re not supposed to talk about - I could lose my job."

Why haven’t you heard more about this?

First of all, since maybe only banks’ upper management is privy to the new "rules", the information doesn’t trickle down so easily.

Also keep in mind that employees have been told NOT to say anything about this, that it’s a matter of National Security (with an allusion toward arrest if they do). They face possibly losing their job too.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

True or not (and it smacks of rumor) I long ago closed out my bank box. I'll say no more about what was/is done with what was in it, but there are a few good hints on the board about what might be done. Find spread out locations for the valuables, and keep the negotiable items someplace else, as many different locations and schemes as your memory will allow. I might trust family pictures and copies of vital statistics documents with the bank, but little else.

3. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

They have been commissioned to loot us in the case of any event. These people have gotta go. I've heard after every body comes back after storm evacs their guns and jewelry are gone. Whole safes gone. The best way to get you is to get you out of the house first. Spoils of victory.
    We are here from the govt and all we want is your guns, gold and girls. We'll put you up while we are ripping you off.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7