More terrible news for the economy....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Whirlpool to hire 500 for Amana refrigerator plant
    Demand driven by customers wanting bottom-mount refrigerators

That's right! Saw this right in the newspaper. (Whirlpool to hire 500 for Amana refrigerator plant)

The horror -
    Whirlpool Corp.’s Amana Operations refrigerator plant is planning what officials there call a hiring blitz over the next three weeks, aiming to add 500 employees.

Chris Rice, Amana Operations human resources director, said the full-time positions, which start at $15 per hour, include assemblers and utility assembler as well as more specialized work as brazers, foam operators, plastic setup operators and assembly team leaders.

Yes - $15 an hour!!!!

Then there was this -
    The federal government collected record amounts of both individual income taxes and payroll taxes through the first six months of fiscal 2017 (Oct. 1, 2016 through the end of March), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement.

Through March, the federal government collected approximately $695,391,000,000 in individual income taxes. That is about $7,387,280,000 more than the $688,003,720,000 in individual income taxes (in constant 2017 dollars) that the federal government collected in the first six months of fiscal 2016.

[​IMG]

Oh wait - this kind of information never any any of the "major" news media. Too busy trying to tear the country down I suppose....

So yeah, things at a real level than the cr@p the media splashes all over theTee Vee.....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Let's think about this a second... I don't think there has been a tax raise, right? So, what this is saying is more people are working so more people are paying taxes, right? So, yeah, good and bad. What really gets me is not only having to pay these stiff taxes but how the money is used and managed. So do you think the government will pay off some of the national debt since it got a windfall in revenue (taxes)? LOL!

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope.... They can't even PAY, the Interest, on the National Debt, NOW.... So they just keep blowing from China....

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

$700 billion annual income with a 20,000 billion national debit and still living beyond our means. It would take over 28 years to pay it off IF there was no interest and IF we could spend every tax dollar to pay it off.

5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Until 1964, medical care for the poor, etc was mostly a state and local responsibility with the help of charities. The proposed Medicaid budget for this "free" care this year by the federal government is about $380 billion for about 70 million people. So that takes care of over half of the first 6 months. Ms Warren said not to worry, if we just went back to a 94% tax rate on the rich and 0 % on the poor, we could afford all the "free sh**" and if we get rid of white privilege we will live in a perfect world. I hope that they legalize weed in all 50 states, while I don't use the stuff, being stoned out of your mind may be the best solution to maintaining your sanity in her desired perfect world.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Sapper John, oldman11, DKR and 3 others like this.
  6. DKR

Ah, yes - the Great Society scam of LBJ.

Using the Social Security "SURPLUS" to buy the votes of the poor and elderly for the Democrap party. Those that benefit the most - are the one that have paid the least (paid little to nothing) into the system.

We were ahead of Venezuela - their scheme fell part faster owing to their smaller size/great population of 'poor'. Make no mistake - we aren't far behind if this Free for All scheme continues....

Sapper John and BTPost like this.
  7. DKR

The horror continues

The chief executive of Pennsylvania-based Corsa Coal Corp. said Sunday the company is opening a second coal mine since President Trump took office, declaring “the war on coal is over” and attributing the growth to the president’s economic policies.

“I think it’s a direct link,” company CEO George Dethlefsen told Fox News, pointing specifically to Trump’s efforts to deregulate the U.S. economy and a “very strong market” for steel.

“The steel industry is undergoing a real Renaissance,” he said.

8. DKR

The horror spreads...

ASHINGTON/LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. coal exports have jumped more than 60 percent this year due to soaring demand from Europe and Asia, according to a Reuters review of government data, allowing President Donald Trump's administration to claim that efforts to revive the battered industry are working.

The previously unpublished figures provided to Reuters by the U.S. Energy Information Administration showed exports of the fuel from January through May totaled 36.79 million tons, up 60.3 percent from 22.94 million tons in the same period in 2016. While reflecting a bounce from 2016, the shipments remained well-below volumes recorded in equivalent periods the previous five years.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7